04 February 2009

Catching Flies...


You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

But apparently you can catch the most flies with your left over coffee...that happened to be left in the bottom of the cup in the sink (cause you were all running out the door and couldn't finish it earlier) and then put in the sink so it could all be washed out later.

Now we're talking.

Fly city, that is.

I spared you the picture of all of that however

(you may thank me in the comments)

I'm still wondering where all these flying insects are coming from in the middle of winter, but I'm starting to think that perhaps those bug zappers and citronella candles are mightily overrated if all it takes is 3/4 of a cup of coffee to attract and then drown bugs.

Seriously.

2 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

Lol! I'll keep that in mind for the summer as an effective fly trap. Actually, my brother told me of the *best* way to catch flies and bees at a picnic.

He says to cut the top 1/3 of a 2 liter pop bottle and to invert it so that it becomes a funnel. Add some sugary pop water at the bottom and tape the funnel to the pop bottle.

The flies will go down the funnel to drink the sugary water, but they can't get back out. Ta da! No more annoying flies at your picnic.

Anonymous said...

Flies again?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin