04 May 2009

My Life is in Ruins...

(clever play on words, eh? It's not true though...mostly)


...Overwhelming would be a better word, and one in which I think I have used in this space before. Lately though, I have been watching my to do list mount up and yet even when I dive in to tackle things...I turn around and the list grows (as well as the piles of things to deal with unfortunately) and I am crossing things off as fast and as well as I can...and finding myself feeling very frustrated when I don't get things done or fixed on the first try (like my increasingly s l o w internet problem at home...which is making me want to throw a tantrum) and leaving me with the thoughts that I need to escape (that and why does it seem like I'm hemorrhaging money right now...and not only are my problems not going away, but I'm not feeling rested and relaxed...like say, something a vacation would give me?)

(though, to be entirely honest...I did come to Snap Snap today and fix the vacuum that I broke last week...so I'm feeling a lot of relief and somewhat thrilled about that)


And then when I do have time to get things accomplished...sometimes all I can do is sit and stare at the wall...


Which made it all that more fun when Rich invited me to come along to Sunset Crater this weekend. This amazing spot also houses lava fields (a direct result of the volcano erupting) and more than its share of Anasazi ruins (the tribe of Indians that just up and disappeared for no reason that we know of...)


Unfortunately out of shape guy without his shirt on showed up to a lot of the same places we went to (I spared you a picture of him...you may thank me in the comments)

We had beautiful weather...which mostly means, that I for once, dressed with the thought that Flagstaff is a mighty chilly place (long sleeves, thick cotton pants and wool socks...) and almost died of heat stroke.


Go Team Arizona Springtime!



I don't care what anyone says.

Wool doesn't totally match your body temperature and then back off...

Nor do most sport socks gently wick away moisture from your feet leaving them cool and dry...

But, Keen sandals don't require you wear socks with them all day...

So, there was that.



6 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for sparing us.

I've been feeling that way lately. But I have no cool ruins to go explore.

Wende said...

Out of shape guy without his shirt on sure gets around. Thanks for not posting photos, tho!

I'm feeling you on the project list. Lately, I've been using post-it notes. It limits my list's ability to grow. Hee.

JELL-O said...

Thank you for not showing out of shape guy w/ out his shirt!!!

megan said...

awesome photos! i had no idea there were ruins at the crater. my to-do-list has a to-do-list...seriously?! xoxoxox

TCallihan said...

"Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure" Rumi

I hope for great treasure as you rummage through things right now!

NeceLynn said...

thanks for not posting pictures of out of shape guy.... why do they always take their shirts off? Other than that sounds like life is busy, busy for you, but also like you are managing to squeeze in some fun time good for you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin