31 May 2009

I'm Back...

After a five day vacation at Zion National Park in Utah.

I am currently completely overwhelmed at the feelings I have about this trip and everything I got to see and do...I suppose that some integration of the experience is necessary before I can sit and write about it. I am still stuggling to find the words within myself to make it come alive again...and right now? I'm tired. I don't quite think I can do it justice.

Right now I am sitting in Foolsewoode and keeping Zion private and holding it close to my heart for the moment. I am surrounded by some serious Meena love, camping gear that needs to be packed away until the next time...listening to the washer and dryer doing their thing, and being totally overwhelmed at something so simple as a hot fragrant bubble bath after no showering (unless you count a couple of hair washes and using Sensitive baby wipes as a bath) electricity at the flip of a switch, being totally alone with no one around...and the thought of sleeping in a real bed. I love camping and everything that goes along with it, and I am finding it truly hard to be in this space again...inside a home, but feeling truly grateful for the things that this home gives me. But I am finding myself with one foot out the door so that I can listen to the crickets chirping...instead of watching TV. Trading artificial sound for natural sounds instead.

I am back home. Hitting the ground running...and a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of dropping back into the life I've created here...So much so, that when I took my long hot bubble bath this afternoon...I think I may have forgotten to rinse the conditoner out of my hair.

It's that kind of overwhelmed.

Then again,
perhaps it's just the actions of a very happy, tired girl who just spent the last five days with wonderful friends...camping, hiking, splashing in water, and living in complete awe of this beautiful world...and a girl who is totally out of practice bathing.

Until I find the words of my story...I will leave you with some pictures of the trip.







7 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

Oh, I love camping too. It sounds like you had a really good time and that it was very peaceful, perhaps that you felt more connected to the beautiful, great outdoors. I hope I'll have the chance to go camping like you this year too!

Suzanne said...

When you have a chance, you have to let me know: Did you love it like I though you would? I can't wait to hear what all you did. :)

Chickenbells said...

Suz...All I can say was it was AMAZING!! I am still sitting with everything that I got to do and see...and trying to jump into my crazy world at home...but I think I'll come up with the words for everything soon!!

thatgirldina said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT to hear all about it! When you are ready of course!

Welcome home! You were very missed.
xoxo,
-deenie

wende said...

It looks so beautiful. I'm glad you got away. Words will come.

I owe you a response to your email--I laid our lawn and then promptly came down with what the kid had. I've been sick ever since! But I'm thinking about you. Hope all is well.

Carol Dunton said...

Welcome home!! It sounds like it was just the BESTEST of trips ever! I know what you mean about returning home....it is such a physical transition to re-enter your life. I often find myself a bit sad at those times... just recently when I returned from Minnesota, I didn't want to come back... Camping does that to me, as well... aah..yes...those natural sounds!! Take time to get reaquainted with your real world. And share only that which you wish to and only when you are ready... sometimes..some trips...are meant to be quiet. : ))
xoxo
VB

sulu-design said...

I have officially pulled back from the world of blogging. I'm only checking in on my blog list every several days or so and am leaving comments a lot less frequently than I used to, but I had to leave a little note here. I've never been to Zion - Barry and I dream about going some day. I'm so glad to see that you were there and had such a spectacular time. It makes me dream about it even more.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin