27 March 2008

Corners Of My Home...

It's spring isn't it?

And, along with spring comes?

Allergies!
(well, yes that's true)

April Showers?
(ummmm....ok)

May Flowers?
(yes, yes...all true. And...)

And, along with spring comes something else entirely new...as we decided some while ago, I would change my bedding come spring. Well, since it's officially spring...

yesterday was the day for the big switch over...


Now, I know what you're thinking, "Sadira, we love your regular color scheme of red and white...but, this new blue floral set, while it has red in it, it doesn't necessarily warrant all that other red does it?" Funny, that was the same thing I was thinking, we are so on the same wavelength~I fired up the sewing machine...after blowing off the inch of dust that had settled there during the winter months (cough, sputter, sneeze) wound up a red bobbin and cut into some Ralph Lauren blue and tan ticking that had been just begging to be used (I have quite a bit of ticking in the fabric stash because I have a serious thing for ticking, and sometimes it gets whiny if I don't use it...which is annoying, as the studio is right next to my bedroom. This is the kind of thing that could keep you up at night.)

I made a dust ruffle,
meaning I hemmed up long pieces of material and then straight pinned them to my mattress (take it from me, it's easier than trying to wrestle a complete dust ruffle onto your bed by yourself) I pinned it right over the red and white gingham checked one that normally lives there...so, it's kind of like a tear away dust ruffle...Hubba hubba (I know I'm turning on some domestic goddess out there.) I realize I still need to make a matching ticking pillow covering for that rather large red and white checked pillow on the top of the bed up there, but I ran out of steam. I'm also trying to figure out if I want to do a straight cover or try to make it match the ones that came with the set I bought (that will buy me some time, right?)

I also took down the poppy shower curtain in the bathroom, and hung up the one that now matches the bedroom.

It's all so very matchy matchy isn't it?

But secretly? I really like it...all this matchy goodness, almost as much as I like changing up the house for the seasons. The blue will be so much cooler feeling than the red of the fall and winter bedding...

And, since I'm living in Arizona with no air conditioning, these are the things I'm banking on to make it through the summer heat...

Oh yeah.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SADIE!! Oh my goodness. I have that duvet comforter! I bought it three years ago on Ebay to put in the new house. Then, as you know, last summer IZ wanted to upgrade to a King sized bed! It's now on the day bed in my craft toom. LOVE the shower curtain. :D

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked great in all it's un matchy-ness... but then the matchy-matchy stuff looks good too!

:-D)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the "tear-away dust ruffle." That's hot. *fans self*

Mytutorlist.com said...

Matchy-matchy makes one so happy! I love the new bedding set and the shower curtain. It is so flowery and so cheerful.

Now I'm eyeing my bed and imagining what i would do if I could change it up too...

Anonymous said...

The new sheets are FAB! I love the colors. And you're so smart about that dust ruffle. I would have been trying to tuck it between the mattress and box spring. Straight pins--SMART!

Your shower... Is that a glass brick wall? I would feel self conscious! I mean, no details would be seen from the other side but outlines sure would. Wouldn't they? "Hey, watch me shave my legs!" AT least you would have a lot of light. Oh and, the shower curtain is cute.
-Kathy

~Molly~ said...

Just wonderful!! I remember when you bought it too! Makes me want to get on the stick and get things done. Too preoccupied with preggo piggies though. Maybe next weekend...

Molly

Felicia said...

I like the color scheme a lot. And the matchy thing makes it extra special. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin