03 July 2006

Sunday July 2nd.

Well...I had a bit of a blogging break didn't I? So much so...Kate called me (tee-hee...Which lead to a very nice conversation about how much fun we had while she was here visiting...And all sorts of knitting things too!) So, I'm fine everyone, I've just been incredibly busy! I've been out with a ton of friends who've been in town...And then working like mad at the shop during the BIG Fourth of July celebration that we have up here...You know, the world's oldest rodeo and whatnot? Anyway, it brings out a lot of tourists...The kind that eat a lot of fry bread and fried food...(don't worry, I don't have any pictures to post of that!)

So...Lot's has been happening, but I will start with the most exciting news...a project that I actually spent all last week working on...

Creative Sunday Participants:
  • Mom
  • Rozzie
  • Sadira
This is the before pictures of my library in my home...The small back bedroom right next to my room upstairs:
































As you can see...The space wasn't being used to it's ummm...full potential...which is why it is now....

(drum-roll please!)

The Craft Room!






























Isn't it gorgeous?


There is a piece of white molding that runs around the entire room...Dividing the walls up, so I painted the top of the walls in a nice green and then the bottom in a turquoise. Then I painted the rest of the molding white. All the rooms in this house were painted white with grey trim (yikes)
This is also the room where my large closet lives!

In the center of the room, inbetween the 2 fabric/craft shelves is a large table for the sewing machine. This table has a window in front of it that overlooks my beautiful yard with lots of pine trees!



There are baskets for yarn, and felted wool sweaters...Containers for paint, and pencils and brushes...Shelves for art paper and ephemera,all of my fabric, buttons, rick rack, craft books, a ton of vintage Cracker Jack toys (amazing what one has when they unpack old boxes isn't it?) a festive fuschia straw top hat (that falls over my entire face if I take off my glasses)...my tiny feather tree, a wonderful pumpkin guy...a large metal magazine holder for my inspirational magazines, and a soon to be bulletin board for ideas...



and an old steamer trunk I painted with clouds and little stars and shapes, that contains batting and fiber fill (and heavy duty fabric) notice the little lady bugs moved onto the sill of the window in this room as well!






As you can see behind this door is the most beautiful dress in the world (that does not fit me right now...But I can't bear to part with) and some bags that need to be stenciled...And some more hooks that are topped by crows. I moved the scrap bag onto the little door knob in here!






This is a little shelf that I hung on the wall that contains my little vintage glass jars with special buttons in them...And my Paul Frank John Deere monkey in it...And an old Kodak film canister (currently empty...But may be full of something soon!
























This is a view of my Paul Frank clock above one door way that looks into the kitchen! The tiny hallway (which I am very proud of...I have 2 of them in this house) is painted a light lavender...

I love different colors in every room of the house!

I am very excited about the way this turned out...My mom and I worked on it all day, and cleaned out a lot of other stuff in the house as well (isn't that the way it always is?) We were a bit obsessed, and my car is full of stuff to ready to find new homes!

I am happy too that I don't have all the wall art yet, so that I will be able to create my own art...And I am waiting for a print from Black Apples as well (yippee!!)

AND all in time for my little Fourth of July soiree tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin