09 June 2006

What'd You Got?

OK...This is going to be quite a catch up post because I haven't posted one of these in a long time...And it's a little late (I went to dinner with a good friend...No not a date...Don't get excited! Sigh) So, here goes...





this wonderful wire waste basket came from the estate of the lady who owned Sam Hills Warehouse (yes, where we once danced) and she ran it as a general store...It was a special reward for helping my mom grab all the goodies there! $3






ohmygosh...I've always wanted one of these...If you only knew how many times I said that in a weekend of yard sailing! It's so much fun to want something for ages and then find it at a startlingly low price! This is a red LeCreuset heart shaped casserole dish...I don't usually make casseroles, and I almost left it there (eeeekk!) and then rushed back because I decided I could use it for salad or something...( I hate it when I get all cheap!) I actually used it the next weekend to make my very first strawberry rhubarb deep dish pie!
$7 (talked down from $10)



And, these seriously little tiny ultra fancy...Jelly jars! Yes, it's hard to believe, but true...I got them at Salvation Army's "botique"...And since the girl there really likes me (she gave me some old candy tins for free that she was going to throw away the other day)
...Only 10 cents each! That's a whopping 70 cents for all!!!!

















OH...I LOVE these!!! ( I know I say that a lot) an entire matching set of 4 vintage pink windows with their original green glass knobs on them...






I am wanting to use them in my new creative studio space...formerly known as the library (needing to happen this month, thank you!)


















I could just weep with joy every time I see them!
















And this adorable porcelain topped little table...again something I almost didn't buy...for $3...it has vintage advertising embossed on the top of it...And a bit of a rust problem, which Oxy Clean and I are working on (I love that stuff!)



This pile of fabric samples...$1 per book (and yes I left some books...I know!) Meena is looking a little anxious...I think she is worried the fabric pile is taking over the house!









And...Wonderful fabric...(of course...and this is not the recent acquisitions...Sigh!) Some of the fabric is from a thrift store in Prague...My mom got custody of a set of square vintage pillowcases that are totally yummy!












Also
, some fun vintage linens!

















OK...That's all I have pictures of right now...I know, you're relieved...And it's still time enough for
me to go to bed and get up early to score some more!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin