14 June 2006

BLACK




























As promised...Something black...And actually around the house too...I was surprised to
find them, and excited at the same time, as these two things often blend into the background of my space...Yet, I love them!
















The Amy's and I also went out and celebrated Amy Mc's birthday...aka My Pal. She is off to Mexico for weeks (sigh) to learn to speak spanish...and also, to have a lot of fun and new experiences as well, I would imagine! I will miss her, but wish her the bestest! We went to one of our favorite restaurants
Bin 239 here in town, for some wine and dinner...And no, that's not a drink in Amy Mc's hand...but a cherry trifle they gave us for our celebration. This is such a great little place...Wonderful food, and a really cozy atmosphere...Which usually lends itself to us chatting the night away!

So, here is her finished birthday present...(filled with 2 books and a gift certificate to my store as well! As I filled each pocket with something!)






















This is a bag pattern I made up myself, with a knitted front pocket with a floral crochet (one of my grandma's flowers) and swirly stem embellishment and a vintage button/loop closure. The bag material is from the Tracy Porter collection. The bag is 2 different complementary, striped and floral patterns! The outside is mostly the floral with the striped pattern running on the bottom and the sides...With a reversible floral and striped handle. And actually, I think the entire bag could be reversible!
























The inside is the stripes with a floral pocket, and my logo name "I know about me." hand painted on it. I made a matching knitted cell phone holder (with a contemporary kitty button closure).









She loved it...And the other Amy said she wanted to commission me to do one for her! I feel really excited about everyone's reactions...Because...Well, you just never know!
I had so much fun making this bag...And I must confess that I am now making myself one, because I love the colors and the material patterns so much. I am calling it "Amy's In Town Bag"

Now, I must be off...As I need to do my yoga before bed, while still getting to bed at a decent enough time, so I can get up and walk. I made it home in time to water...blog...And carry 2 loads of books downstairs (part of the library relocation project!) But no journal pages yet...What is that all about???


3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

The bag turned out really good. It's amazing what a person can do when they try. About the journal-either you'll break the cycle that is holding you back or you will find yourself taking on Herculean tasks to avoid it! I know of which I speak!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this bag!!! Thank you so much! And thanks for the great birthday evening out with you and Other Amy - I had a great time.

I'll miss you this summer! But I'll be emailing and checking the Foolsewoode blog regularly - can't wait to see what you come up with next!! :)

Kate said...

I love it, and am so impressed. I adore the mixed media, so cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin