06 June 2006

Summer has arrived...


Summer is officially here...The tip off?
  1. The last two days have been about 98 degrees
  2. I didn't feel like moving at all, off my chair today for fear I would melt
  3. and being in Arizona we have an inordinate amount of people who should not be wearing shorts, walking around in...You guessed it, shorts!
(Also, I've been craving popsicles...)




My sister called and kindly reminded me that people have portable swamp cooler...Oh yeah, I have a portable swamp cooler (I drug it up from the basement and filled it up with my tea pot...Can you believe that I don't' have a water pitcher? I love this one though! In cherry red?) Meena is enjoying the cooler, as she is as close as she can be to me, draped over both of the arms of the chairs at the same time (miaowing and looking seductively at me) every once in a while, slipping in between the arms and landing on the pile of down comforters that are stacked up there! It's silly really, because we both keep looking at each other rather happily...


Rozzilyn and I discovered with some surprise today, that we both have the same taste in thongs...
(these are her first pair!)




And speaking of thongs...I got these this weekend at a yard sale...


Now, I don't normally like the Happy Bunny stuff, but these struck me at extremely funny! It says "It's time to go and kick some butt" on the foot bed part of the thong...and on the side it says "hey that butt needs kicking"






I did manage to peel my tooshie off the chair towards the afternoon and did another freezer paper stencil on this uber-cute linen Gap sleeveless top! (I was also "organizing" my sweaters...a itchy task to do on such a hot day...rolling them all up to make room for my ever growing skirt collection...Ahem)



























I copied the design off of this website...It's a happy floating little Japanese Apple guy...I just love him, and I'm wondering if I can design an entire floating fruit salad?! (I could just imagine that as trim on a skirt...Sigh) As you can see, I've now branched away from just plain tees to something with a pattern! SO YES...I am obsessed with freezer paper stencils...They are really fun! I am feeling quite inspired but I am also noticing that I can't focus enough to do the same thing again and again...So if I give them away as gifts, I need to remember to make the things I really like for something for me! I painted the one above all in white first because I didn't want the plaid showing through...Then painted the green on it, then I used an entirely different stencil for the black color and painted that on top of the other two. My very first 3 color stencil!

I actually sat in my chair and designed a lot of stencil ideas today as well (one of the things that doesn't make me sweat) although, I am having problems with birds. Like birds sitting on a branch...It seems to be harder than I thought! I'm excited to see what freezer paper stenciling tomorrow brings (hahaha!)






















And, hath hell frozen over? (as you can see by the top of this post... by the temperature...we can indeed assume no...) I finally finished my knitting bag! Which I think qualifies me for finish what you have month (as it lay around here in pieces for quite some time!) I will be posting the picture on this flickr group. This bag was made to match the knitting needle case I made some time ago!



2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Hey, skinny feet people-where did you come from? Love apple guy.

Anonymous said...

Gotta comment on this...we cannot call them "thongs" anymore, because that is the thing separating the bun cheeks now rather than the toes. That would be "flip flops"!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin