16 June 2006

Day 5 AND red

RED



I have so much red in my house...Mostly because I have old red Formica countertops (which I love! See them here in this post with the monkey in the apron) OH...And my favorite color is red! It was funny because when I bought this house...I thought to myself...red countertops? Oh my...Especially with the white walls with grey trim that were in every room of the house (not so anymore!) and then, I remembered that I love to decorate kitchens with yellow and red...So it worked out very well indeed! (in fact, I have a secret worry that they will wear out...And then I don't know what I will do!) I have a small eating area in the kitchen that I painted the walls red too...And along with the yellow...It is yummy! I also have an amazing collection of Red Kitchen Aid things all around...That started with this Red Kitchen Aid mixer my ex-mother in law gave me for Christmas once (she was always an amazing gift giver...And I feel very lucky to have had her in my life...And to have been a part of her life for 12 years) so, looking at the mixer always gives me a good feeling...That and it's red...So what's not to love??? With all the red things I have that abound in the house...This is the one thing I always think of when I think of RED!
(and those are the 3 muses that dance behind it!)




Well...Day 5 already! Does anyone else think this is going fast? I certainly do! I took an entirely different route today during my walk...More hills...More challenging!

And today I need to do one thing that scares me ...I once thought that was just waking up and getting out of bed (har-har-har)...I did challenge myself again, by completing my journal page...And doing it in a renaissance style. I have never attempted this type of drawing before, so it was a challenge for me...I am now wanting to look through my pictures from Italy...And all other Italian stationary I have laying around and do some more swirlies...Maybe freezer paper stencil them...Or hand paint them onto a t-shirt? OH...That sounds fun and scary...Now I need to find a blank tee (which is getting harder and harder to do around here!)


And farewell to My Pal Amy, who is actually probably on a plane right at this very moment...Off to her latest adventure...6 weeks, I might add...Have funsies Amy!

4 comments:

Christi said...

LOVE your page today...soooo cool!!! I am also a HUGE fan of red...I have a red blender and coffeemaker...LOVE them!!! Smiles! Thanks for your really sweet words on my blog!

Rhonna said...

This is so great..love it so much.

TFS!
R

Anonymous said...

love red too!
Love all your creative sewing in your other posts too!
Lara

Jolene George said...

Yes, it's going very fast I think!
Red is my most favorite color to decorate with. My family room is red as well as lots of red in my kitchen. I wanted the red kitchen aid mixer, but when my husband upgraded mine to the larger one, he got it in black....pretty, but not red! Still love it.
Your page is great and it's fun to try new styles.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin