01 June 2006


Aren't these the most beautiful flowers ever?
They were crochet by my 92-year-old grandmother!
After I was inspired by this Kenzo dress in a shop window in Prague...










We poured over these pictures on mother's day and enlarged them and conspired quite a bit about all the flowers, colors and patterns...then she went home and whipped me up about 15 of them! (in like a week...With all sorts of new creative designs...Including some little green chains to use as stems!) We were calling her the Forrest Gump of crochet flowers...She said she was obsessed with making them, but I'm thinking that after she gets done with the small round she's making for Rozzilyn, she will probably stop for a while! (Rats)
(which is why my mom and I are working on teaching ourselves to crochet!)







Things one can do with a box-full of crochet flowers...
(you know, when you don't happen to have the same designer or fabric as Kenzo)













Or this even...
I am loving the way these skirts have turned out, and they are really fun to wear! It was also really hard for me to use the flowers, because they're all so fantastic...It's like buttons in the button box...there are so many that are my favorites, that I just want to sit around and look at them. I figured though, that I could always take them off the skirts if I really needed to in the future...






Plus, they will always be around for me to admire, and enjoy...as proof of another really creative and talented woman in my family!

NOW...I'm off to take care of a really mean chocolate craving that has been building all day...

3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Since all I can crochet is a chain, do you think we can take the chain, wind it round and round and pretend it's a flower? :)

Kate said...

Ok, now I am going to have to learn to crochet flower to put on everything! Especially love the second skirt!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin