05 June 2006

Sunday June 4th....

Participants:
  • Amy
  • Deb
  • Ellen
  • Erin
  • Sadira
  • Susan
  • Rozzilyn
What a Creative Sunday! It started pretty early for Mom, Rozzie and I...as we were baking cupcakes (organic vanilla with chocolate icing-no dairy) and chocolate chip cookies (no wheat, dairy or refined sugar...yes, they were yummy!) all over here at my house...













Then, we trooped to my mother's house where the rest of the group came over for the tutorial on freezer paper stencils! Ellen also had an ulterior motive...You see, she is really into her family's genealogy, and it appears that she had a cousin that lived in my mother's house a L O N G time ago...In fact, I believe there was someone actually born in the home (small world isn't it?) So, it was Ellen's first visit to the house to take pictures for all her research!

And it was a fun crafting day as well...
Rozzilyn's project (and tutorial item) included the design of a Barbie stencil that we put onto a canvas bag... My mom cut out the stencil with an Xacto knife, and I painted it on. I am using make-up wedges, as they are really easy to sponge with.












Rozzilyn was really excited and so proud of her design...as she should be, because it turned out really wonderful! (She also took the pictures of the tutorial...she's such a good photographer!)





My projects (and tutorial items) included a stencil of a red bird copied from a bag I got for my mother at H&M in Prague. I stenciled it onto a "fabric Patch" I made out of an Old Navy skirt with a great geometric print on it (the skirt was a size 0...Phuleeze...So, I decided to cut it up!) After it set and dried, I then sewed it to a red hoodie that I am making for my sister...












I also painted black wings on the back of the hoodie free hand...Which I really am enjoying and I am now looking forward to finding something that I can paint them on for myself! I am really excited to hear her reaction (she's in CA...So, unless she takes a picture of herself opening up the package...She'll have to call)





My next project was this fairy that I designed a stencil for (from a sticker design I found) which I painted on a thin Gap cotton tank top....




And, I cut it out and sewed it onto an August Silk 3/4 length sleeve-cardigan thing. I also sewed a few swirly designs onto the cardigan...on the front (not too easy on such a stretchy fabric, but good for my first attempt at anything like this) and some straight lines on the back. I also stenciled my design tag name...And sewed that on the back as well...
I loved the way it turned out, although...It's so danged warm already this summer (98 degrees today) that it almost makes me melt to put it on! Seriously...I may have to wear it really early in the morning or really late at night.















My Creative Sunday ended quite a bit later than I thought, as I was in a creative groove...Yawn! I love that I accomplished more than I thought...And I can send off the hoodie to Thais...And (hopefully) wear my new top!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I freakin love those wings! Maybe you'll find something for me that they will look cute on too? wink wink

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin