19 June 2006

Sunday June 18th...

Participants:
  • Susan
  • Rozzilyn
  • ME



Wow another creative Sunday done! These 2 days off I get every week seem to fly by quite rapidly. On Saturday night, we went to Tsunami on the Square, a wonderful all ages art performance show that is held every summer on the lawn of our town square. As always, it was a good show, and we stayed till' the end for Flam-Chen, a Tucson based, fire spinning/twirling, stilt walking performance group! They were amazing as always and such a treat...After I watch them perform, I really want to do something myself. Maybe not with fire per SE...




























But, the energy of the performance carried me over until the next day...For Creative Sunday! My mom, Rozzilyn and I were all a little tired after staying up so late...And we did manage to have a Creative Sunday meltdown. Which was more to do with my life than anyone else's. Rozzilyn drew all day...And left this sweet mermaid tail picture for me! Wouldn't this make a great logo for a seafood restaurant?








And, my mom helped me sew a new skirt for myself! We had a bit of a side closure problem with some seams and snaps...But I really love the way it turned out, I especially love the yellow and orange plaid fabric with all of the colorful butterflies on it. It is a really light cotton print and feels good in the extreme heat we've been experiencing!



And...I'm still doing the 21 day challenge on top of everything else!














As I mentioned earlier, I had a bit of a meltdown this creative Sunday due to some personal stuff going on. This relates to my divorce...And more directly to my feelings surrounding that situation, and the life I am living now. It's really more opportunity to learn about where I am at, and even more than that...Where I am going. And a great opportunity to look around the house to see what I've been holding on to, even though those things make me uncomfortable to even look at, and things I can no longer use and wear because of the memories attatched to them...and clean them out of my house! Break those ties...move forward!


My day 7

I notice how when I am going through this kind of stress and become this upset...That I cry quite a bit, and want to shut down. It was really challenging for me to keep walking...And wanting to do anything related to my "normal" life. (I was amazed that I even made my skirt!) And I pushed myself to walk and do yoga both yesterday and today! Because I'm really wanting to stay committed to myself and to follow through on my agreements with me, no matter what the situation may be. I know that I will have a certain amount of things going on in my life, and sometimes I don't deal with them perfectly...So, this is really good practice for those times. And, if I can see myself following through...Then I know I can count on me!




My day 8


And...Still doing and completing my journal pages are another accomplishment! It just seems like whenever there is any little thing to do during times like these...For me...It is a little too much! So, this is a good exercise also, for being gentle and patient with myself. So much I've been doing over the past year is such new territory for me to navigate...And sometimes I feel impatient when I don't know what I'm doing...And I keep looking for some sort of road map for this part of my life, yet, realize that I am drawing it every day in this journal...And creating it every day with my walking and yoga! Which is really great, because I see myself supporting me and having a process seems to be an important part of this journey! It gets the focus off things I tend to obsess about, and this helps me to move through that...So, I am really thankful that I've found this challenge...It's just at the right time!

And, as it is my day off today as well...There was errands for me to run, and things for me to get in order...So, I'm a little tired and unsure of myself, but I seem to be pulling through...So, I might go take a nap!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin