04 June 2006

The Quilt That Couldn't Wait...

This can't wait...It just can't!

I know I don't usually post on the weekends...But I had to now that I own this sweet little quilt.


It seems to be made out of old wool blanket, velour and corduroy squares (each using a zig-zag stitch to attatch them to each other). And appliqued on each of the squares is a felt stem, and felt leaf (again, using a zig-zag stitch to attatch them)...With a little "flower" at the end. The flowers are made out of little felt circles (2 each, one on top of the other) and then a little white button is sewn in each center...Or at least will be when I "restore" the quilt! The quilt was also hand tied on each square at one point in it's life, but those have worn away (hence the "stringy" looking things in the pictures)...And I will replace those in the original colors as well...My mom and I were immediately taken by the cuteness of this quilt along with being alternately excited (jumping up and down and rubbing our hands together really) because it's certainly (finally) a use for all the shrunken wool blankets we've been collecting! The quilt looks like the size of maybe a baby quilt (although I haven't measured it yet because I can't stop looking at it long enough!) It is just so sweet and looks like something Mary Engelbriet would draw...I just love the colors...and am particularly enjoying the almost flourescent pink squares (there's only 2 of them)...

I love this little quilt!








I will post soon...All the other fun finds I've gotten lately...I need to catch up on that as the "season" has kicked in!

3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Cutey, cutey, cuteness.

Kate said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin