15 June 2006

Day 4

Today's quote for the 21 day challenge (and can I stop a moment to say...what an amazing job Rhonna does on these images? I like doing this challenge just for the simple fact that I get to check her blog every day!) OK...the quote made me stop and really think. About how hard it has been, in my life to really trust myself (which may lend itself to not trusting other people as much as I could) I have a lot of "ideas" or "feelings"...And a lot of the times in my life, I have chosen not to follow them. I have been learning, however, to trust those feelings more...But you would not believe how much I question what I'm doing in my life. Is this right? Or this? And looking outside myself for answers to those questions. And yet telling myself that I know what is "right" for me...And also being told that I KNOW what is right for me...It's been a little confusing.

My life has been confusing.

For some time now.

And realizing that during this 21 day challenge I once again...Have a chance...And I am being reminded that if I really want different things in my life...And new "habits" that I am responsible for creating that! (Man...This responsibility thing is something isn't it?)

So, after I came home from my walk this morning...I was feeling a little low...And when I feel low, it's easy to sink back into old behaviors (like when you feel tired?) So, I decided to spend some time today getting caught up on.... (drum roll please)

My Creative Journal Pages













































I am all caught up thank you! It was fun to do them...And I was laughing at myself because I was feeling uncomfortable about posting them on the blog...Although, they're not really that private, but I was feeling like they wouldn't be "artistic" enough (rolling my eyes) Which brings me to the point of who am I trying to impress anyway? So, after I got over that thought...I was able to have a lot more fun with the pages! And, I notice that I am feeling more apprehensive about thinking of doing the pages, than when I actually sit down and do them...Then I feel absolutely fine! I'm guessing this is a really good lesson in living in the moment for me.

So...I'm off to bed (early night for me tonight) since I took 4 loads of books downstairs earlier (2 sets of shelves empty and clean!)...And watered everything...All I need to do is YOGA then I'm off, for a little treat of reading in bed (one of my vary favorite things to do)

3 comments:

Jolene George said...

You are so right! It's not a contest. My pages are not impressive, because I just don't have the time. All that matters is you write down your thoughts and feelings...heck...vent if need be. Just enjoy the process. I'm proud of you! :o)

Christi said...

Love that you are doing these as a true art journal. You are doing great! LOVE it!

Lisa Marie said...

I think your pages are great! You're doing the challenge and letting that inspire the pages, and that's what counts. I love those opportunities to create "in the moment"...it's pretty freeing, don't you think? Keep up the great work! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin