21 June 2006

Happy Solstice...

I hope everyone is having a wonderful solstice...This is an anniversary of mine, and my way of celebrating it for myself will be with a burning ceremony. It is time that I get rid of some things in my life...Some ties that need to be cut, and let go of. No, I will not be dancing around a bonfire naked (I try to reserve that for Beltane, Tee-Hee) But, I will be burning a few things that were once meaningful, at sunset tonight...And having a feast for myself afterwards. I've never done one of these ceremonies for something so large...And am excited. After I got over the initial fear that I would not do something right, I am looking forward to see what the results will be in my life...I'll keep you posted!



My mom and Rozzie gave me this great haul for Solstice today! There are a few wonderful paper cookbooks...Which I am currently fascinated with. I am "collecting" these vintage beauties, I'll have to post some more...They're just so wonderful! There's the Calumet cookbook, one from Baker's Chocolate...And one from Sears about their new wringer washing machines! Plus, a hardback one that we both liked the cover of...Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish! A blank Banana paper journal (woohoo...I seem to be going through journals quite fast around here) and, 2 cards and a little button pin, from inside a black apple...And all on a wonderful full length floral apron! I gave them gifts too...I forgot to take pictures though!



And, today is day 10 of the 21 day challenge! And I managed to drag my tooshie out of bed...And walk in the already heated day at 6:30am! Actually, I had a wonderful time out there...And this quote, once again, is just perfect. Rhonna, can you read my mind?

The quotes lately have really been speaking to me!






I'm not totally in love with this page...Maybe it's my state of mind. I wrote a little more today than just the normal quote and drawing, I just needed to get some stuff out on paper...Today's been a paper kind of day for me. (I wrote a 4 page letter to burn tonight as well) I figured I could re-do it, but I want to respect my state of mind and the space that I'm in...See how I create when I'm feeling a little bit extra in my life. I'm just super happy that I've been doing this everyday...But to tell you the truth, It's no longer a chore, but something I'm looking forward to everyday!

4 comments:

Jolene George said...

I'm so glad you're happy and I hope your bonfire tonight goes well and it brings you the desired results. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I look forword to reading them because they really do make me feel better...that means alot!

Anonymous said...

Jill...Life as I see it...said...
Sometimes just "getting it down on paper" does wonders! I'm a big fan of "paper" days!

Anonymous said...

i agree . . . not a chore, rather a joy to look forward to.

Rozzilyn said...

Hope your Solstice adventure went well and the energy you released and the energy you set in motion both relieve and energize you. Many good things are coming your way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin