31 May 2006

AHOY ! ! !



Tonight I was invited to a celebration of sorts for my pal Amy. Otherwise known as just My Pal...Named that way by her brother back in the day. Now, I can say back in the day because Amy and I have known each other for 20 years at least, and she is one of my dearest friends. It is actually amazing and humbling at the same time to have such a good friend that has known me so long. We know each other's history and all the stories that go along with that...Our shared adventures. (Just tonight on our celebratory walk we were talking about writing a book about the stupid reasons men have given us for "why they can't date us..." and believe me, we came up with some doosies!)

We take this walk, mostly the same route into an area behind her house that was at one time just miles and miles of boulders and western frontier...But with the advent of the influx of people moving here...It's more and more McMansions...You know, the 4,000 square foot homes in which 2 people live, that are going up all around? Anyway...We came upon this lovely anchor and little seagull (believe me, if you look...It is there). Besides being totally stopped in our tracks and hanging onto each other laughing...we wondered...Where is the ship? Or the ocean for that matter? Why oh why do people DO things like this? I mean...Do you see the rocks, scrub oak, and cactus by the anchor? AHEM

And Congratulations to Amy for completing her 2 classes...And all the homework and papers and assignments and hard work that accompanied this! Of course, now I will get to see her more until she's off to Mexico to learn Spanish for 6 weeks...And as a special gift, I gave her the little fairy bag I freezer paper stenciled!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pal! Thanks for 20+ years of wonderful friendship and here's to 60+ more years! :) :)

Thank you so much for the little fairy bag - she will help me carry my books to school in Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pal! Thanks for 20+ years of wonderful friendship and here's to 60+ more years! :) :)

Thank you so much for the little fairy bag - she will help me carry my books to school in Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin