28 May 2006

Sunday May 28th...

Wahoo...Creative Sunday's is back!

Participants:
  • Rozzilyn
  • Susan
  • Sadira
Yes, we took, a little bit of a break from straight creative projects to do some fun home projects instead...(which believe me...I could use help doing every week!) And today, we tried our hand at freezer paper stencils! Oh my goodness, but this is soooo fun, and I'm afraid really addictive! I'm already scrambling around my closet and drawers trying to find things to print on...And opening up books for inspirations for stencils! Mom and I are planning out our new yard sale searches for fabric and shirts and more things we can print on, and are coming up with some fun ideas!

So, basically last night at 10 pm (I
know), I swung by Wal-Mart (I was going home from a wonderful evening with Amy and family...dinner and a movie...So it wasn't really that far out of my way!) and I was practically whooping with joy upon finding the freezer paper, as they have been out the last few trips there! So, I high tailed it to the craft section and picked up some fabric paint, matte finish...And discovered that they are also carrying blank canvas tote bags (which I did not pick up...I know...but my mom was headed that way this morning and picked up a 3 pack for both of us...Hooray!) (oh...and they're carrying all sorts of other things to make handbags with...hmmmm)

So,I spent most of the morning on my intricate fairy design I was making into a stencil using a picture I had in my bedroom (it took a while to draw it and then cut everything out...phew!)...then I transferred it to the dull side of the freezer paper, and cut it out with an Xacto knife...Ironed it on the bag, with another piece ironed onto the inside of the bag so the paint wouldn't leak through...And sponged it on (with some extra make-up sponges I happened to have laying around in bulk from a yard sale!) These sponges worked really well as the have both thick and thin depending on which end you use...And believe you me...I will be looking for better fabric paint in the future (as my mom already has big plans for me to mass produce tote bags and sell them in the
shop!)

My Project:




And Rozzie drew and absolute adorable picture of a Totoro, to use as a template for a stuffed animal she was making (and almost finished)...So when we walked down to get her lunch from the other house (because it's hard to remember everything!)...we picked up a small handful of tops (see...Now we're digging through other people's drawers too!)...And she drew me a stencil and I cut it out and we made this...











Rozzie is way into Anime...and wants to join studio Giblink (she talks about animating for them all the time, and is practicing writing Japanese!) and loves Hayao Miyazaki (thanks really, to Kiki's Delivery Service) And, I'm loving the idea that she can create art (because she does these wonderful pictures all the time) and we can put them on our clothes!

There is also a wonderful
flickr group if you want to see what everyone else is doing!


And for fun...I made these chocolate cupcakes (because cupcakes are the new "IT" thing right now apparently) And I have another really good friend coming over this evening for talkies...So what is better than a glass of wine, a chocolate cupcake and Opera, I ask you?

2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

ok-my idea for the cupcake shot didn't work out....too much light? The stuff looks good on the flicker group and Roz is wearing her shirt today!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin