14 May 2006

Happy Mama's Day!

Happy mother's day to all you mama's out there! And every woman who has ever been in touch with that within her that nurtures others..people/animal/their dollies when they were little...Because even if we don't have kids yet...We are still mommies! Which also goes for the queen mother at my house Meena the kitty...Who spent quite a bit of time today grooming my grandmother's head!

We spent the day at my house and had a double party...a mother's day celebration for all of us, and a birthday party for our dear friend Kelli! I know, it's really just another excuse to eat...Till we almost burst! MMMMM...My mom and Kelli both eat raw foods, so we had a salad (quickly becoming a staple at every meal) with home made miso dressing, guacamole and corn chips and raw cashew hummus and ezekiel raw tortilla chips...And for dessert, I made a deep dish strawberry and rhubarb pie (and yes, I did make my own crust finally...So the pie was no dairy or wheat or refined sugar!) with cashew whipped cream (made by my mom) vegan spice cake...And the best...Made by Kelli...a please cake. This is a raw cheese cake with dates, coconut, Macadamia nuts, lemon...And who knows what else, covered by raspberry sauce. This thing is so outrageously good...No sugar...All raw, it's like eating a protein yummy sweet rich pie! I should talk Kelli into doing a tutorial for the blog...Kelli???

So...Look what I finally got~



Yes, my beautiful new sewing machine! This thing rocks...I had to unpack it early this morning to get started on sewing...However, with everything else going on, I hardly had time!!! But, I did manage to sew some things up real quick!













The first thing I made was this birthday card for Kelli out of a piece of Hawaiian material, because Kelli loves anything Hawaiian...It has a palm tree attatching all the strips of fabric together...The new machine has an 80 stitch function including a one step button holer and a hard carrying case...And a zipper foot, button sewing foot, blind hem foot, overlock foot, satin stitch foot, darning/embroidery foot, cording foot, quilting foot, gathering foot, roll hemming foot, and a walking foot. It has a quilting table...And I'm thinking not only can I sew, but quilt, put in a zipper...a button hole, and then stitch on a button, make upholstery for my furniture, and I believe I saw embroidery and monograms on the box...And who knows what else really, most of that stuff up there I don't even know what it is! I am busily reading the 94 page booklet!

I also made these 2 card for my mom and grandmother (yes, we had 4 generations together today!) We unfortunately didn't take pictures as Rozzie was feeling really under the weather because of her allergies...She laid around and watched the Disney channel all day...And for anyone who knows her, for her to lie still must only mean one thing...She doesn't feel well!



And I have to post this wonderful card Rozzie made for Kelli for her birthday...




A little hula ALOHA...



Followed by a "splash" into the ocean and a lovely birthday sentiment (don't you think?)




And this is the name of her card company... EVA Q
Which was "printed" on the back of her card...

Because really...Every good card has to have a good company backing it!!! And she may be taking card orders soon...We'll let you know, because her custom work is really quite incredible!

( I love this girl!)

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

I can't believe it!I'm writing on the computer!This is the best day ever!ROZZ

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin