19 May 2006

The Trip-Day 13...The END


Yes, day 13, otherwise known as the end...(thank God) It's actually taken me longer to post this trip than to take the trip. And what can I really say? I am exhausted (although, I'm thinking not from the trip, as I've been back for a while yet) but from regular Sadira life. I have so many projects creative and home improvement projects (involving no less than 200 lbs. of sand) going right now it's amazing. And no, I'm not running from anything (I don't think at any rate), I'm just trying to use some momentum to get something done around here (in between going to work and sitting and staring off into space). SO...this part of the trip will have no narraration, just pictures for you to enjoy...Only to say that I loved Prague so much, all the walking around and shopping and exploring and looking up and around. I hope to go back someday soon...Or someday far...Just someday! We did go to the Municipal house, the amazing art nouveau building they still use for music...And had a tour. One of the rooms was done By Mucha...And the stained glass is amazing!!! We were all beat, but by the end of the tour, I didn't want to leave, and since we only got to see one half of the building...I think I was within my rights to demand to see more (even if I used the inside my head voice)


















































OK...WAIT...I have to interject here...I love love love these doorway/window/statues...They are absolutely amazing!!




















And if I could have taken these ladies and their owl home with me I would have...However, I already had to buy one extra suitcase! Look how they hang off the building...Do you think they would match the decor here at the house?












































There were so many statues looking down at you from the tops of doorways or windows...It was awesome!



And so many of the buildings were even painted on in addition to the statues and details...









Yeah...I'll take the room with that wonderful roof!











Down this street...










I thank you for sharing this journey with me, and if you want to see more photos, let me know (because there's more folks!)
And now, I am going to relax for a bit before I have to get up early and yard sale...And maybe eat some of these organic Trader Joe's truffles ( I have to...they're melting in the little bit of heat we've had!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin