22 February 2006

Happy 11th anniversary!!!

Well, Snap Snap and I are celebrating our 11 year anniversary today! 11 years ago when I was 25 (yes, Cody...still older than you!) I opened my resale clothing store. I am absolutely amazed and in awe of this accomplishment!

I was reminiscing today and reflecting on what an all around amazing experience it has been to have my store. Snap Snap has seen me through a marriage and a divorce, the buying of 2 homes... the selling one of them, the birth of a beautiful niece, various employees, gaining weight...loosing it again, and so much more life change than I can even remember...good, bad, beautiful and bittersweet!
How could I have known when I was so young, what a stabilizing influence this opportunity would be? I have learned so much about myself...reinvented my life so many times, and this is the one constant I could walk into day after day...something that I would have a little control over when so many things have fallen apart...and needed to be recreated!
I rediscovered my creativity year after year...and have been inspired so many times to explore new things...try something different, to stretch beyond where I thought I could go, and learn to work and live in new ways. I painted a new sign for the shop this last year and was so amazed at my ability and the pure beauty of the painting, that I shocked even myself! (and yes...that is a monkey playing a lute sitting on the moon...he is very fancy!) A customer came in and remarked to me, "wow you're and artist!" to which my only reply was, "yeah, I guess I am!" Sometimes, I need a reminder.
And then, when I look around at the walls of the shop...some of them painted with the help of my family members...

I remember that yes...I am an artist...

working in the medium of my life.

3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

I am proud of you and your accomplishmens, as I always have been, and happy that your own awareness of them is becoming important to you. It is so much more meaningful when our sense of ourselves comes from within and we can share what we are doing with others instead of asking them if we are ok.You are a special person and always have been. Love from (who else?) Your Mother

Rozzilyn said...

Happy Anniversary From Rozzi

Kate said...

Yea! Happy 11th! Geez, I remember when you opened the store - I can't believe it has been 11 years. Ridiculous!
I hadn's seen the sign yet - how cute is that monkey lute player on the moon? I am impressed.
Love,
Kate

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin