27 February 2006

Sunday February 26th...

Participants:
  • Audree
  • Chelsie
  • Cody
  • Rozzilyn
  • Sadira
  • Susan (my mom)
Wow...What a great Sunday! We had a large group this week and this is what it looked like in my house!



















I moved all the furniture that's usually sitting about needlessly...ottomans, coffee tables, chests and the like, to make room for all the cutting and sewing gluing and pinning! Above...Cody is giving Rozzie a preview of the fun music he was creating in between signing up for...and designing a couple of new web sites for himself.

My Big Project!
Well, I finished my project (all except stitching the edges...I'm on it, I swear!) This is my wonderful sock monkey crib quilt! It is navy chenille with an applique sock monkey (also made out of chenille). And is backed with the sock monkey flannel fabric that I recently got. I hand tied it with red yarn, french knots on one side...tying on the other...instead of quilting it together. This is the first quilt I've ever made...I really love it!





And all with a little help from my #1 baby right now...Diego!






Look for a tutorial coming sometime this week!

Audree's Costume
Audree is working on the costume that she is going to wear to the Renaissance festival in March. She's made quite an investment in all the material and notions and is really excited about the entire costume...she's making every part...and the over skirts and bodice are going to be reversible! I can't wait to see the finished product!



$3.00 remnant pants!
Yes, my mother has done it again! She whipped out this cute pair of pants for Rozzie using a pattern she cut out of muslin from a pair of old pants of Rozzie's. She bought the fabric at the local Joann's store, from the remnant bin. They are so cute, with a plaid material for the main body and a light lavender floral print for the cuffs and the back pocket. I'm angling for her to make a pair that fits me out of the Sis Boom's girlfriend fabric!











This is the pocket detail...the pocket matches the rolled up cuffs and is trimmed with the same Hello Kitty ribbon that is the bow in the waistband of the pants.

Rozzilyn's Project

Rozzilyn was working on making one of Emily the Strange's kitties...Mystery I think (although, I may be wrong...) She drew out the pattern herself copying a picture from a pillow case that she sleeps with, and we transferred it to some really fun black felt with glitter on it...glued on the other details that she drew on white and red felt, and then she stuffed it...for a really fun new toy! She's learning how to use straight pins, and is getting really good with gluing and drawing on felt...

Finishing up the day:
We spent the afternoon at Goldwater Lake taking in the amazing Arizona winter...or as we're calling it:
"the coldest summer we've ever had".


We had a special surprise, as a local family has hidden a letter box right there at the lake!

Audree was our guide as we searched for it...








Hidden...








And, read the contents.....









And signed our names to the pad of paper that is left in the container!




All in all...it was an amazing day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Sadie. Great job everyone everything looks so cute. I know this is a little late but Happy 11th Anniversary. Whishing you many more successful adventures in your life.
Keli

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin