28 February 2006

Yard Sale Scores

Well, this last winter has been lack luster for yard sales at best...a few silly things here and there...but this last weekend...we filled the car up! Early Saturday mornings, I jump out of bed to join my mother for yard sales...I always thought it was for the good bonding time, which it is...and I get to supplement my sometimes overflowing home with new and exciting "things"!!! So, this weekend was a wonderful surprise as we filled up the car to bursting!
Plus, I bought a new Fischer stereo complete with speakers and 5 CD changer for the shop...as my really old Pioneer CD player my dad got me in college, finally broke. I've been listening to the radio for the past month and it hasn't felt like my store without my own music! I now know all the words to songs on the radio that I wish I didn't. The system is amazing...and for $20...was a great find! (no picture as it is currently set up at the shop) I am wondering if the speakers are better than the Bose at the house...?

Well...as you all know my affinity and great fondness for vintage kitchen towels...or really any kitchen linens, this is my great score of the weekend! A set or sort of set, of FIVE vintage embroidered kitchen towels. (I will post all my embroidered towels soon) All the towels cost me ONE DOLLAR! This is the exact reason no one is allowed to let me buy towels at the store...because I find so many out and about at yard sales! My favorite ones are the little green brownies...I have never seen that pattern before, and I'm wanting to incorporate them onto some pillows perhaps for my bed! And since I love fairies and brownies, I was very excited indeed!



I also got the oriental brocade large piece of fabric and the patchwork runner, each about a dollar a piece, and the patchwork one is a runner with a matching pillow case...no, I probably won't be using them together...but I am loving each one individually!



I also got some fun handmade paper...the left one is fuschia on one side and black on the other, followed by a black and white striped piece, a black piece with lots of leaves embossed on it, and a printed black sheet with gold designs and lettering. No one piece was more than a dollar...and a sweet little wooden doll too! She was 50 cents!




Here's a close-up of her, in her sweet little pink dress that matches her little pink painted on cheeks and shoes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin