23 September 2010

New Art...


Created especially for me by one fantastic C. S. Fritz.

I had originally seen his work at a show at The Raven Cafe quite a bit ago and had totally fallen in love with his whimsical style, fantastic colors, and totally incredible robots.

The idea of "Robot Meets Sock Monkey"  popped into my mind almost immediately as I stood in The Raven and looked at all of his pieces (which were all sold the minute they were hung)  and has stuck in there until I could find him and ask when he could put this vision onto canvas.

Mr. Fritz has an upcoming show at The Ian Russell Gallery tomorrow night for our Prescott Fourth Friday Art Walk...and I have had the privilege to see his new pieces hung in the gallery this week.  I am planning to head down to the gallery during my Tour De Fourth Friday tomorrow night as well.

I was able to talk to him about this piece about a month ago, right before I left for Seattle.  I really had no preconceived notions about what I wanted other than a robot and a sock monkey.

He came up with the rest and I absolutely adore it.

Adore it.
(perhaps more so than this seasons ruffled clothing)

I've had to reorganize my art once again at Foolsewoode so I could feature this wonderful robot who is running through the forest, kicking up the trees as a sock monkey flies along behind him...

Absolutely perfect.

The pieces featured on each side of this new canvas are vintage windows I've saved for quite some time...they've been sitting waiting for the perfect opportunity to be displayed.  I really needed something more to balance out the canvas on the large wall and I came up with the idea of using them as a place to display other art, sayings, stickers...other things I love and don't have a place for (I will photograph them soon)  I figured that I could change out my little art collages for each season...or whatever whim comes along.

See?

Totally perfect.

2 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awww...very whimiscal and TOTALLY love it. :)

Mytutorlist.com said...

I love it too! It's perfectly awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin