08 September 2010

Mostly Wordless Wednesday...


Last Friday night marked the anniversary of 100 years of football at Prescott High School.

I went to the game with Dina...

Someone managed to bring along a very old football player who was in his 80's to be honored on the field before the game started.

I wore my letterman's sweater that I received while attending PHS after lettering in band for two years.

I was a flag girl.

While I'm not actually in my 80's, I did attend PHS in the 80's and thought it was rather bold of me to wear a sweater that if you did some quick subtraction, you could pretty much pin point my age after reading my left front pocket.

(which also happens to house a pin that says "I survived the graduation party of 1988")

(duh.)

I still treasure my letterman's sweater and felt a whole lot nostalgic after I dug it out of the cedar chest, and blew the layer of dust off of it.

(well, nostalgic for the parts of High School I could remember anyway...hee-hee!)

It feels all sorts of special to be a part of Prescott's history...that doesn't include a mug shot or nasty write-up in the local paper.

Dina's lovely and talented niece is in the band as well, and she did an outstanding job marching all over the field.

(they played songs from Wicked...which I thought was very cool)

Of course, I had to critique the current flag line...who was wearing some pretty crazy make-up and hair colors.  Dina's mother leaned over at one point and said, "Wouldn't you have loved to do your face up like that?" and I looked at her horrified and said, "Um.  NO!  I was much too cool to do that ThankYouVeryMuch!"

Although, with age I may be remembering that all wrong too.


2 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I think that is so cool that you still have your PHS sweater AND that you wore it!

signed,
Another PHS 80's grad

Suzanne said...

I love the pin of you and AMY! Loving remembering those days of being a "flagget"......that dreaded name. I was sure hoping for some pics of those current gals..would have loved to have been there to see it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin