25 May 2010

The Art of Wearing Hankies...


I decided to wear my new skirt, even though the weather report showed cool air hanging around outside...I figured if I paired it with a pink cardigan and my sparkly pink Chucks I'd indeed be warm...

Pink sparkles do that to a girl you know.

I want you to know, even though I didn't take a picture, the hankie pattern in the back of the skirt showcases a whole other set of different US hankies in almost the opposite colors (even though they somehow all go together) making me think that if I turned completely around and walked backwards I could totally wear a whole different color scheme and get away with it.
Or...

I could turn the skirt completely around and walk like a normal person.

Probably though, being normal is overrated.
(somewhere a teenage version of myself who is desperately trying to fit in by blending it, just cringed)

And.  Since the vintage red rick-rack as a hemline trim was just enough whipped cream for the skirt...I thought I'd dig out my sweet silver Illinois charm bracelet to further compliment all the states that are represented by this hankie print and whip cream up my wrist as well...and mostly because Illinois is not on my skirt.

Arizona oddly enough, is not on here either, but since I happen to be standing in Arizona at the moment, I think that counts for something, don't you?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, that skirt is just adorable and a half! Love it!

And yes, every girl needs pink sparkles.

Hugs!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful skirt!!!

Blessed Serendipity said...

darling!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin