26 February 2010

Word...

Megan's having a girls night tonight at her house.

It will be her first one since having Ms. Edythe...and while I don't normally post gifties here before I gift them...I couldn't resist.

(Megan...if you don't want a spoiler, stop reading now)

I decided that this first girls night needed to be commemorated for our newest girlie with a little baby bling...

Yesterday while thrifting, I picked up a very cute pink onsie with birds and trees and the sweetest pair of jeans I've ever seen.  The jeans are lined with jersey and sport quite a few pockets...

Which is good, because babies usually have a lot of accessories and they totally need pockets.

Seriously.

Also?  There's a pocket for change.  I can't tell you how many times I've been out with a baby and they expect you to pay for things for them.  Well, no more of that!  Edythe will have absolutely no more excuses to stick us with her share of the bill...that little wink and nod that suggests she'll pay us back?

Uh-huh.

...And of course, what every baby needs.  A shirt that says, "S'UP"

Cause' babies are cool like that.

And they don't talk much, so I think this pretty much says it all for her...

Well, that and a flick of the head.

S'UP?

Yeah...

Edythe can totally rock this look.

After nabbing these little goodies, I found the perfect gangsta font (which I think is Olde English...go figure) drew it out and then hand painted it on a piece of jersey I snagged from a t-shirt that is no longer in use around here...jumped into the studio, blew the dust off the sewing machine, ahem...and stitched it right on.  And all in time to still relax, eat Chinese food, and watch The Olympics.

It was a great reminder of how much I love to sew (oh yeah...) and create (double, oh yeah...) and I have a whole lot of ideas up in here (sorry, I'm pretty much all gansta now after this) for some more additions to Edythe's wardrobe...

Now we need a rap name for this lil' gal...so we can address her properly while she's hangin' in her crib.  After visiting a Rap Name Generator I came up with:



P Love
Precious Mix
Magic Edythe Angel a.k.a Lady Velvet
Lady E Brat a.k.a. Tasty Cheeks

and my personal favorite:
Furious Precious Cakes a.k.a. Lethal Tickle

Which is the perfect rap name for a baby...!

(while there I had to also do mine.  Obviously.  The best one it came up with was:  Mad Sadira Trip a.k.a. Tenacious Cash...hmmm)

Word up y'all...

4 comments:

Her Art Nest said...

Very sweet....Edythe with love it! Hugs, Nancy

Suzanne said...

So cute! Reminds me of those GREAT sock monkey outfits you made Soren. They will never leave my possessions of his baby clothes. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cool shirt! "S'up"!
~Roz

Alexandra MacVean said...

haha CUTE shirt! :) Love this post. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin