16 January 2007

MLK Monday...

I hope everyone enjoyed their Martin Luther King Jr. day (however you celebrated) I personally went over to My Pal Amy's house for a lovely brunch...and stayed for a fun afternoon...which included walkies (in 35 degrees...that's pretty impressive! and me noticing that things have gotten a bit jiggly as I haven't been taking a long daily walk...hmmm)

We walked in the neighborhood behind her childhood home...one of our favorites, OK...maybe not one of our favorites...but it does have our favorite house in it! There is this wonderful little southwest home there, with a courtyard entrance...which means, we can't quite see the whole home, maybe it's the tease? Whatever the case, we both drool over it, and have spent a lot of time walking slowly by and trying to figure out what's going on in there...




...we've discovered a hot tub...and some tacky Christmas decorations.We both agreed that people with such a beautiful home, should not be allowed to have tackiness. sigh...we've been trying to figure out how to both own the house and live in it, but I don't think it's going to work out...so, until then, we'll just have to drool.

Although it was cold, it was sunny and cloudless...giving us an amazing view of The Peaks in Flagstaff...somewhere I've been wanting to get to for a while now...damned car!
(I need a new one)



...And close rock piles







...And far away rock piles


And, an evening spent with Dina...knitting...her new favorite obsession! She's doing wonderfully, knitting along...increasing for no reason...finding holes...ripping it all apart...just like me when I started knitting! I keep telling her that it's all a part of the experience, and that in no time at all, she won't be counting every row to make sure that she's on track, and that she will someday be able to wrap this scarf around her neck, and not use it solely as a pot holder!

And if you look carefully, you can see the scarf I've been knitting for the Superhero (I am quite close to being done... and just in time for the real coldness up here) right there by the pillows on the right hand side...

I'm off to the shop...the one with the burst water pipes? Yes, that one...no water for me today...which is going to be hard, as I'm a bit of a water addict...

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

The view is beautiful! Walking is such a great thing!
So sorry about your burst water pipe. That's just terrible!

sulu-design said...

Ah, what views! I'd love to experience winter in your neck of the woods! I love that you're staking out that house - I've done the same myself.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin