05 September 2006

Happy Little Mushroom...

Sometime in the last week, I threw out some rose petals my mom gave me from her roses (only because they were getting dusty) And the fact that I stumbled out the door and deposited them not on the walk way, but in the flower garden was nothing short of a miracle (sometimes it's an effort to get off the chair...tee-hee) And look what I found this morning...a sweet little mushroom (or is it a toadstool?) The fairies must have been excited that I littered their flower bed with rose petals!

It was a lovely start to a day that was a little stressful for me. On Sunday, Rozzie was downstairs and said she smelled something, and we brushed her off...No more! I walked down there last afternoon (after a otherwise blissful day of relaxing) to the unmistakable smell of mildew. Which could only mean one thing in a basement area...Water. Yes, I took on water after the HUGE storm (buckets of rain and hail) on Saturday. So, after some preliminary digging around and sucking up water and cleaning the carpets...I've decided to call someone in to give me an estimate. This time I do not feel confident enough to tackle this problem. I'm feeling a little guilty like I could do this project if I really wanted to...But at the same time it's extremely overwhelming. This time I need some help...And while the water coming in the back door hasn't been a huge problem in the past, I don't want it to become one in the future. So, the carpet is air drying tonight with the door open...And I have an appointment with my first landscaper in the morning

(wish me luck, I'm feeling a little scared)


1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

aaawwwwwwwwww-the mushroom......

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin