11 August 2006

What'd You Got?

It's been a while since I posted any finds...So here goes...

Last weekend I spied this tin from across a garage (sounds like a love story doesn't it? Well, hang in there...It gets better!)













I was thinking to myself...hmmm, that would be a perfect button tin, I picked it up and shook it a bit, because it was all taped up, and it felt just "right"...And sounded like a button tin, so I asked the price:
$2.00...


And I bought it (because who doesn't like a little risk?) and opened it when I got in the car...
(And, no that isn't my mom's upholstery in the car!)

I was excited...
Super excited
to find a whole tin of vintage buttons...Some buckles, bobbins, rick-rack, snaps and a few other oddities that find their way into button boxes!




These are some of my favorites:



Check out the enormous black one...And those sweet little red ones with bows...There are a few glass ones in the tin, along with ones that have rhinestones in them!

sigh...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin