24 August 2006

Corners of my home



I love this little corner, it's right by my front window...next to the armoire that houses the TV. The Largest Sock Monkey in the World sits holding his two little compadres (no, he's not strangling them) Behind them on the window, sits an old wooden corbel from a home which is painted (peeling too...yum) black, red, white and green. And on the other side of them is the little CD tower that has my wooden hat form on it. I love this wooden hat form...and I really wish that I had some more! I remember seeing a whole collection in a Mary Engelbreit magazine that some woman has back east who actually makes hats and uses them (lucky her)


Today I had great hopes for myself...I didn't take my morning walk thinking that I would go to Peavine tonight after work...and the heavens opened up and it rained and rained...seriously, I thought I was going to have to grow webbed feet to walk home! Needless to say, I won't be wattering the yard tonight.

Also...I woke up with a stuffy nose and a little scritchy in the throat...so, after sneezing several times today, and feeling a bit more fatigued than normal, I am giving myself some time off tonight. I am going to sit here, drinking my Emer'gen-C (and tea...in my "It's good to be queen" mug) wearing my new vintage inspired cherry and blue-bird PJ's with the..um...really involved kneeding kitty on my lap.



So, for Rhonna's excersise today...the theme is inspriation...and as you can see...I will be inspired to just relax (something that I have a hard time doing) and feel better...so I can be even more creative tomorrow!


Sweet...Sweet life
sniff...
sniff...

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

That is the biggest sock monkey I've ever seen. I love your little corner too....get feeling better!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin