19 July 2009

World Wide Photo Walk 2009...








I once again participated in Scott Kelby's World Wide Photo Walk here in Prescott. It was an early and wonderful morning full of excitement and meeting new people...There's something about tramping around your own stomping grounds that make you try to pause and see things differently that stretches the imagination. (plus? I was secretly scouting out different things for another fantasy photo shoot...shhhh) I had a great time, and was very grateful that the walk was so early because it's finally heated up in our neck of the woods...so I got to stop just in time to not be so sticky...and I could run home and rescue Ms. Meena from being so hot by switching on our tiny swamp cooler.

I'm trying to remember that these are the summer days we dream about while in the midst of winter cold (although, I'm usually fantasizing about the fall...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and what wonderful photos! I love the idea of taking a really good and different look at the things we might walk past everyday and not really notice... I think my favorite is the candy apples with sprinkles! :)

-Your Pal Amy

megan said...

these look really great!

Felicia said...

Looks like fun! I love how that plant pops out from the door :)

Sandybee said...

Cool photos! I think looking at parts instead of the whole is always more of a challenge. You did it well. I love the purple door one.

wende said...

Oh, I love doing this--and your walk and photos are fantastic. LOVE those sprinkles!

~Molly~ said...

I'm imagining those sprinkles to be hiding DONUTS instead of apples because right now that just sounds better!*G* LOVE the license plates and the purple door, and the wagon, and the door handles, and the tiles...

Molly, who really should photograph her town but I hate it.

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet and chat with you at the gallery...after the walk.

sulu-design said...

So it takes me about three weeks or so to catch up with blog reading... bear with me.
The idea behind this post is wonderful, an I like what you came up with on your walk. I'd like someone around here to organize one. Seeing that I can't keep up with reading blog posts, though, I am not the one to do it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin