24 July 2008

With all of the lovely rain that we've had this season comes fun new lawn art...

Heck, along with all of the lovely rain that we've had this season comes fun new lawn. Period. I'm in Arizona, I don't spend a lot of time trying to keep my lawn alive, so it is always a plus when it grows at all...and usually it's super healthy only during the spring and fall...but, it's been mightily green lately...

Which means the fairies like to come out and dance at night...

Especially under the full moon...

And make fairy rings among the mushrooms...

And I can imagine that the rather large mushroom right across from the fairy ring would be perfect for the band...

I find myself peeking out through the curtains to see if I can catch a tiny foot or a bit of a wing...trying to spy them dancing in the moonlight, hoping that they will invite me to come dance and play with them some wild summer night...

3 comments:

thatgirldina said...

Very pretty Peaches.

Oh, and 9 days. NINE.9.nine.1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 9 9 9 9 9 9! Count 'em. 9!

I'm packed. Are you?

~Molly~ said...

I LOOOOVE mushrooms!!! Love taking pics of them too!

I'm sworn off fairies or any other kind of sprite. Last night one sat down behind me when I was sitting up in bed talking to Mark. Brushed against my lower back too and I felt the bed sink in right behind me!!! It wasn't Mark, I was looking at him when this happened! After a while, I got up to blow my nose(again) and told it to leave, aloud. That is supposed to work.

Molly

Anonymous said...

what a fairy good post... bwahahahahahaha. Cool mushroom shots.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin