16 September 2007

The Last 2 Days...

We have discussed the fact that I have a new MacBook

Oh yes, I do.
And, I love it!
I really do...

Rich transferred my picture library, and my iTunes library from the HP the day after I got the MacBook...I organized my pictures into iPhoto almost instantly, as I used iPhoto everyday...it is a wonderful program that comes with the computer...and this weekend I sat down to really finally organized my iTunes.

I've been doing it for 2 day now.
Sitting in my chair...ripping CD's into iTunes.

I decided on Saturday morning, after I had organized what was already in iTunes into play lists (for walking and such) and various little individual folders, to tackle the rest of the CD's that have been sitting around here...waiting to be added to iTunes.

So...now there are 2 large bags filled with CD's that no longer need to be here in my home. After a little call to Rich in wich the words, "um...is it OK for me to just rip all these CD's into iTunes, and get rid of all my CD's? Can I do that?" (just questioning the certain legality of tech things) were heard to be uttered out of my mouth. And Rich kindly assured me that I could just back everything up, and the the CD's could go elsewhere (probably to be traded in for credit)


The bestest thing about owning a Mac (OK, just one of the bestest things) are these special little things that pop up on the screen...called Widgets. Now, with iTunes, sometimes you do not get all of your album cover art (and that drives me nuts, because I want everything to be all pretty) so...I found a widget that lets me search Amazon.com for album cover art...and then it will import it into iTunes for me...

pure bliss.


I have 9.78 GB of music now...
that's 2407 songs
and, 7.3 days of music.


OH...I found a little special something at the store when I went to the grocery (because I did actually take breaks here and there) so my back wouldn't atrophy from sitting in my chair. So, I found myself in the frozen foods section of my local health food store...and to my surprise, excitement and amazement, I found 2 new flavors of Soy Delicious. Since I am lactose intolerant, the thought of having vanilla and orange sherbet swirl and vanilla and raspberry swirl was an exciting one to me. It was quite good...and another welcome break from all the CD ripping...

I did also go on a hike with my favorite guy on Saturday afternoon as well...but, that recount will have to wait until tomorrow...I'm gonna' get up and stretch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh... you sound like my son. We just upgraded his mac to a macbook and he totes it around everywhere. I swear the kid is sleeping with it. :D

Macs rock, eh???

stilettoheights said...

you're so fancy and hip with your Mac book!!!!! Like a person on tv...lol

that frozen heaven looks so delish.

rebecca said...

Don't you just love widgets? My favorite is Candor Gallery. New pieces of art, every time I open the widgets.

And, I'm so with you on having boxes of CDs sitting around, when the only way I listen to music now is on my computer. But I can't part with them. You know, for the car... or the stereo... or the....... I know I don't really have a reason. I have at least gotten rid of all the jewel cases, so it's just the CDs in a much much smaller case.

And, yummy swirls. I'm a big fan of sherbert. Is that lactose free?

Dee Light said...

I hate it when I don't get all of my cover art, too!!! I usually wind up scanning in the image and doing the copy, paste thing...your new way sounds much better. But of course I don't have a MAC. You lucky girl!!

Oh, those frozen goodies look delish!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin