18 July 2007

Yesterday...


Found Prescott enjoying a bit of rain once more...

It's been puddling up all over, making the world a little greener...and with the sun peeking out in between downpours...a little steamier as well!

I put my feet up for about 5 minutes before rushing out of the house and over to Kate's parents...











I pulled up just as Kate was photographing the new winter sweater she'd knitted for Big Girl Z!

Oh, and is she big...









Kate was my maid of honor in my wedding and has been a good friend for about 15 years...I was lucky enough to be in the hospital room between 9 and 10 cm. and missed Zoras's birth by about an hour and a half...but, they were living in town at the time, and I got to rush right over and see her within minutes of her entering the world...










Kate is an extremely creative and crafty girl, and has made so many amazing things for Zora...including the greatest diapers. I remember going over to the house shortly after she was born and thinking,

"I can't believe I'm never going to do this"

and feeling quite sad. But, I had almost convinced myself at that point that I didn't want to do that because my husband didn't want to. Plus, there was a lot going on that wouldn't have made it a good idea at the time anyway...

and the only person I was fooling was myself.




Everyone else in my life knew I wanted to have kids...so, I suppose the joke's on me. And, until then...I have a lot of friends with kids that I get to play with!


And photograph...

Which is one of the best reasons to have kids...it makes your blog look so much better doesn't it?




It took Kate about 2 weeks to knit this sweater for Zora, and she reclaimed the wool from an old sweater that was her husbands...I love how we're all excited to unravel old wool sweaters and re-do them, make them into something better!


And, can't you just see Kate and I both out there doing this little photo shoot with Zora? I am wondering between the two of us, how many pictures we actually snapped...














You'll notice too, that Kate has a Cannon camera. I'm telling you, these little cameras take the best pictures, and I'm half convinced that I may not have to even be around the camera and it would still take great pictures.















And, don't you love the Malibu Rum umbrella?

Zora wasn't actually drinking, but the colors matched everything perfectly!










And, after a while, we decided...











...that we'd had enough, and went inside to play cribbage.

Zora actually went to bed after dinner, but the rest of us adults (or supposed adults...you'd understand if you'd been there for our hilarious laughter and ridiculous conversations) played countless games of cribbage for countless hours...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Kate's daughter is so cute. Tell her hi for me. Those pictures are amazing. I've got to see your camera. If you do have children, you will be such a great and fun mom. If you don't well.....you can always borrow mine. I could use a break. I sometimes get jealous of my friends who don't have kids, sometimes I would just like to not have to be responsible for another person and to be able to have more freedom. I here this from a lot of my friends who are moms. -T

laura capello said...

she is so cute! and that sweater, geesh, adorable.

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite is the last. Just love the contrast of colors between the sweater and door/walls. The sweater is gorgeous!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I love the picture of Zora with the Umbrella. Maybe because I am a minor alcoholic and anything alcohol related makes me smile. Haha! Just kidding. I just think Zora looks cute under the huge umbrella. Don't be sad about the kid thing. It'll happen for you if it is meant to. xoxox

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin