04 July 2007

Happy 4th!!

Shhhhh...

I've decided not to open the shop today. There are several reasons (like, there's no one else on my part of the downtown block that will be open, and being in the middle of the block does not mean people always walk down there or even notice that I'm open) and I could justify the heck out of it with all other reasons...but I won't. Mostly I looked back at last years sales, and thought to myself, "do you really want to stand down here all day for that...just in case history repeats itself?"

So, I'm off to enjoy my day.

I am faced with a huge looming empty day, and I can think of a million things I would like to do. Since it is predicted to be 104 today, that's limiting some of my choices quite a bit. There is a part of me that wants to just lay around and watch movies and relax...stare at the ceiling. Often though, it fights with the part of me that feels guilty and wants to clean up and organize and be productive, resulting in the other part standing up and deciding that perhaps I should take a little road trip...

that's a lot of parts y'all...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

As a former downtown shop owner.....take the day off!!Enjoy it, don't feel guilty.Have a beautiful day.

sulu-design said...

Hmmm... I wonder which part will win!

Anonymous said...

Loving that bunting! Did you make the ribbon one? Don't be shocked to see me snitching that idea for next year. :D

Blessings on your day off. Whichever part wins out, I'm sure it will be better than hanging out in an empty store or worse, a busy one! :D

Carol Dunton said...

Yeah for the red, white and blue!!!
Love the pics! I do vote for a road trip in a honey of a car! : )
Happy 4th!
VB

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin