16 July 2007

Oh, The Rain Rain Rain, Came Down Down Down...

...In Rushing Rising Rivulets
(I love Winnie the Pooh)



So, it rained today.

Yes indeed it did...and this is on the tail of phone calls from Rich, bragging to me that it does indeed rain in other places...so, as a little joke (and in all seriousness, total proof) I decided to photograph it to show him, well, and you all too...








It took a while for the rain to really get going, but after it did, it was a down pour, with the monsoon wind and thunder and lightning

(which I am still listening to right now way into the evening)






It was all I could do to keep myself from dancing around in it...or strolling leisurely to the car (since I left the windows down, ahem) You'd think by all the water pictures we are fascinated by the rain here in AZ, but really, with the drought we've been experiencing for the last couple of years...

We really are appreciative of any weather we get.







...And true to form it finally showed up, as Rich and I have been lamenting the fact when he was in town, and wanting to experience the monsoon season...he predicted that it would rain as soon as he left.

Apparently, every place he has been in the last year has had flooding as soon as he left...

While skeptical about the flooding, I did figure it would eventually rain (after all, this is the rainy season up here, and we really need it)...








So, here it is...he missed it by two days.

And after swinging by my mother's to drop off something and celebrate the first real good rain of the season...

Where she informed me that it flooded in Prescott Valley today...

They had 2 major weather warnings, and it flooded out the freeway...
(I mean, just look at that raging river I had to cross to get home!)

Thank you oh reverse weather God...
We really needed the water!

7 comments:

nuttnbunny said...

Ah yes! We're behind on the precip as well. Loving every delicious drop we get.

Carol Dunton said...

Ok..first... your post title is one of my favorite things to sing with my kiddos when it storms here in the valley! Winnie just has a way with words when it comes to rain! We had sprinkles, of course, and a very intense lightning show! Yeah for the monsoons! It's probably my favorite 'season' (???). I say we keep doing our rain dances... maribou slippers and all! lol... ; )
VB

Anonymous said...

We, too, are in a drought. That rain's pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Will it continue? Hmmm.

Tonya said...

The rain yesterday was so beautiful and much needed. I'm just glad that we weren't in Phoenix yesterday, did you see their huge dust storm? It was even on CNN and the Today Show this morning. Scary. I'm glad that we live in Northern Arizona.
T

Anonymous said...

I love summer rain... it can be refreshing!

Catalyst said...

Our first stop in Phoenix, back in 1972, was a KOA campground in Deer Valley. I was in the little store when everyone rushed outside. I wandered out to see what was happening. It was raining . . . for the first time in over 100 days. The locals were ecstatic.

It was July 6th.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin