25 July 2007

Look! Look!


I do other things besides taking pictures of other people's children to post on my blog...really, I do. I realized after a phone call from a devoted and loyal blog reader yesterday at Snap-Snap who said rather excitedly, "are you OK? What's going on? I can't tell from your blog...", that my plan of blogging about seemingly inconsequential things is working to lead you off the path of what your questions about my current life situation may be...

And don't you just want details? Well my little monkeys:







  • I'm fine, emotionally all over the place...and my life just got busier than I was anticipating.
  • All I want to do lately is eat chocolate and sleep (and I'm fine with doing them simultaneously)
  • I've been thinking that I would like to move to a place that had the season Fall all the time
  • Rich hasn't heard anything about the CO job.
  • Everything is fine with us....







There, will that hold you for a while? You can always call me for the full rundown if that isn't enough...but, I'll let y'all know more as soon as I do. Meanwhile...

So, I have been collecting vintage books, children's and otherwise, not in the best of shape, and ripping them all up to pieces so that I can alter the pages into art. I've made most of the pieces for friends and family members...as cards, or double sided pieces of art.








I create a lot of the pieces in Snap-Snap while I should be doing other things...I mean, when I have a lull in business, or need a little pick-me-up in my day. Plus, the amazing thing about creating is the simple fact that I entirely loose track of all time.

The day goes by superfast, and I forget to eat.

And, it's all in the name of art and creativity!
(can you think of a better reason?)








Well, a couple of weeks ago, a long time customer, and now good friend came in with a request...

After she and her husband built their own cabin/home (which I followed the whole process because, what a great thing...to have a husband who would help you do that? Or even be interested in doing that with you?) and later putting up a yurt onto the property...well, recently there was a death in the family and they inherited a house, so they will be splitting their time between Prescott and N. California...






Now, if I understand correctly, this was her childhood home. Well, she's decided to decorate the walls with pieces that inspire her...

So, she came in and asked me if she could buy a piece from me.

Yes, because she wants to be inspired when she looks around her new home.

And she wants my art to be a part of that.

So, I let her go through my stash...and she couldn't decide on one, so she chose all the ones you see on this page...



(she's putting the last 2 in her bedroom)

She picked them up today and was over the moon about them...so much so, that she chose 4 more, and wants to come in and get some for her daughter too...

The greatest thing is that I had just been tripping over this stuff for weeks and feeling sad that I hadn't done anything with it...and was wondering what direction I should take this in...

So, the answer is?

I'm an artist.

Oh yes, I am...

I'm going to do more pieces and put them up in the shop, to see what they'll do in there...

Oh yes, I am...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOooooo, preeeeeeeetty!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sadira, they are beautiful!! You are an artist and such a romantic! I am going to frame the thank you card that you made me like this. I think you should start signing the works of art like a painter signs his paintings! Don't worry though, it means too much to me to sell it on e-bay! Keep smiling!! Love, T

laura capello said...

woo hoo! you're an ARTIST!

you know what i am? i'm a WRITER. i got my first free lance job today (or at least, it sounds like i did -- she asked if i was interested, that's getting it, right?)

Anonymous said...

AHA! Now I see why you were buying paper at JoAnn's. Doesn't it always feel amazing to sell something that you made?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin