05 July 2007

Ka - Boom!

Actually, it was more of a sound of a gentle thud in the background as fireworks light up the local skies.

Rich and I made the climb up the rocks in The Dells to witness the spectacle...and not only got to see what was happening in the local neighborhood, but had the view to see Chino as well (you know, just in case we got bored with the ones right in front of our faces)




Besides the swatting off of my legs and killing several larger than normal ants...there was a small silly incident of a strange sound coming from the rocks behind me.

A low scraping sound kind of like a lawn chair, and by the time we both decided that a Mountain Lion would probably not be dragging a lawn chair up the side of a mountain, a little group of other people came into view to watch from the rock pile next to us


Phew...

Cause' you know I jumped up and tried to hide behind Rich, and he just looked between me and his new camera...trying to decide...Plus, he has a great little headlamp he uses to climb around in the dark, so I can't see a darned thing usually unless he's helping me (which he always does) So, thank goodness it was other spectators, because really? There was too much nice camera equipment up there to have gotten attacked, and far too dark to have made a quick getaway...

We both agreed that the fireworks seemed a little low...But, it was quite windy and I'm thinking that it may have been a little dangerous to have them sky-high (excuse the pun) with the extreme temperatures we've been having coupled with the lack of rain...

We don't want any fires...

at least ones that are not as pretty as these!



Luckily Rich loaned me an extra tripod he happened to have sitting around, so that my sweet little camera was a little steadier, and I think I got some great shots...

The camera actually has a fireworks function on it, so that was really fun!

But, with all the wind, and my inexperience, most of my pictures turned out blurry...


All in all, it was a lovely evening!

fireworks,
photography,
trying to pick out the best of a lot of good pictures,
marathon conversation,
almost getting attacked by local wildlife,


And...you can check out Rich's fabulous photos at here at his site...

4 comments:

laura capello said...

whoa, you got some awesome pix!

Carol Dunton said...

OK girlfriend,
I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!!! You took these???? This camera is sounding more and more like something I might want to ask Santa for this Christmas!! Awesome, awesome photos, S.... you are quite the photographer!!! : )
VB

Anonymous said...

You took those??? Amazing!!!!They are wonderful! What treasures!!

sulu-design said...

I have never seen good amateur photos of fireworks... until now. You and your new camera are unstoppable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin