19 July 2007

The Squirrel Report...

There has been a lot of activity here of the Nature Kind...

Now, you know I have a little squirrel that has lived next door for quite some time, and I have to say, with real estate prices being what they are up here in exclusive Northern Arizona, ahem...I am actually excited that the squirrel bought into the market when he did. He makes a great neighbor, no loud parties, keeps the place clean and tidy...and he enjoys cultivating the outside nature areas in the neighborhood.

Well...recently, he moved in his new wife. And again, they are really the ideal neighbors, no loud fights, and they seem to do everything together. They are a lovely couple, and never are the type to be stand-offish because I don't have a live-in. Every once in a while they come over to enjoy a meal on my patio (spilled birdseed you know)







Well, they've been busy indeed because I've noticed ton's of extra activity in their yard lately...

Cause' 2 adult squirrels apparently result in 2 baby squirrels...




And, with no tacky brightly colored plastic baby toys littering their yard...they play with what they have, the perfect environmentalist parents really...

I do hope they ask me to babysit soon, you know, in case they want a date night sometime soon? I just love babies...and these one's look extra cuddly don't you think?




Oh...speaking of date night, it's a Saturday night out with the girlies this weekend. You know, something in me has changed. I used to look scornfully down my nose at women who went out together and called it Girls Night Out. I would make one of those half laughs and get quite haughty. Well, I take it back...I'm noticing that I'm having to take a lot of things back. Things I've found myself making fun of other people for, or thinking in the back of my mind, "that's crazy, why are they doing that?" or " Don't they know that it will never work out?" I figure that it's the universes way of giving me new reality and different experiences, otherwise known as smacking me off my high horse. So, in the spirit of being forced, uhh...experiencing new things, I've started doing the girlie thing more. And you know what

I'm loving it.

I am loving spending time with the groups of women in my life. Loving throwing all of us together in different combinations to see what we come up with. There are so many similarities between women, and so many differences...but in the end, we all love to get together for support, howling with laughter and tears...The connection is wonderful...

Plus, I get to wear all the fancy digs I have in my closet...
(so, I'll take pictures for sure)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neighbors are just lovely and how delightful that their family is growing. Squirrels here are mostly for the entertainment of the chickenese, who likes to bark at them until they run away.

Have a great girls' night out! Glad to hear you're enjoying them, 'cause they are fun. :) (Which reminds me that I am in desperate need of one, since all the testosterone in my house is starting to suffocate me.)

Anonymous said...

Back in my old life two Labrador retriever noses would be pressed up against the glass of my front doors. Floor shaking wagging would go on as the pups fogged up their individual spaces on the glass.....

And in the background a voice would be saying, "Where's the squirrel, where's the squirrel?"

After the appropriate amount of winding up the door would fly open, two puppies would streak across the driveway, and those little squirrels would finally vacate my bird feeders.

Catalyst said...

I used to try and get squirrels to come to me, calling them like I would a dog or a cat. But they always just turned tail and ran away, chattering "nuts to you, buddy."

nuttnbunny said...

Oooo! High fashion - bring it on :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin