16 July 2007

The Last Few Days...

...have been a little trying.

Full of ton's of emotions...

Luckily though, I have an amazing support system...and I want to thank everyone for checking in with me via email, the blog and phone throughout the day...

I didn't want to panic anyone, but I guess figured in my naive way that people who follow my blog, guessed sometime within the last couple of months, that I did indeed meet the most wonderful man (actually through the fact that we both blog, and a great story that I'll share someday) and you have been following both of our blogs ever since...

and that you may have noticed that sometime last week, Rich had received a fabulous chance for an interview for what sounds like an amazing job opportunity...

So, he's packed up the Airstream and headed out to Colorado Springs...

And, I am excited for him...
So very excited!

And, I am sad...
And scared...
And pissed...

Yes, my therapist would be so proud...I'm feeling it all. Sometimes all at once, some times one at a time...but they're all in there.

So, NO Rich is not dead...he's not walking away from me...he's not going away forever...and this morning did not find me outside the Airstream throwing myself around his legs yelling, "take me with you!" (cause, that's plain rude on a Sunday morning...and really, how much can one do with a grown woman hanging on them?)

He's just temporarily unavailable to Prescott...

There, that was supposed to make me feel better.
sigh.
(dramatic eye roll)

And, wouldn't you know that I jumped at the opportunity of popping over to see him tonight when he asked? Then I remembered that he was in SantaFe, and by the time I got there, he'd be ready to pull out for another day of travelling...so, I decided to sit tight and enjoy my phone updates, and reading his blog...

And here I sit...watching out the window at the lightning in the distance, and waiting, something that I do (maybe not well at times because I have previously perceived myself to be the most impatient person on the planet...but, that may indeed be a made up story) for the next chapter to unfold, and to tell the truth, more than a little excited to see what's next....

And...while I will not mention the exact number of phone calls I received from Rich over the course of the day, while he checked in to see how I was doing, to giving me the latest update on the weather, or filling me in on exactly where he was and what he was doing, or just to be silly (it was just like another day of my life since he's walked in) let's just say I thank my lucky stars that not only have I met such a wonderful person...

but that we both have Verizon!

7 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

Ahh... there it is... that sparkle in your eyes despite the tears. You are an awesome, amazing woman, Miss S! The pictures are just so beautiful...true eyecandy for us desert rats. It was so nice to hear your voice. Have a great little Monday! : )
VB

Anonymous said...

Yay for Verizon and great guys! Rich sounds like quite the man -- and you deserve someone that terrific. I hope the time passes quickly and you're back together enjoying sunsets soon.

laura capello said...

a little distance makes the heart grow fonder?

yeah, i never liked that saying much either.

rebecca said...

Rich sounds really really awesome!

(And yay for Verizon... it's what kept me going when my boyfriend was out of the country for a month, and I was moving here).

Tonya said...

Hello my sweet friend. You are so strong. And I believe that everything is going to work out just like it should. Who knows, maybe this will open new adventures in your life. You deserve the very best.
T

Anonymous said...

Oh Sadira, I do hope that you are hanging in there! If you want to go out for drinks, just let me know and I'll wear the "drunk girl" tee just to make you laugh!! You can wear the "I'm with stupid" one!! Sound like it would cheer you up? Let me know!! Love, T

sulu-design said...

Wow - big news (I step away from blogging for a week or so and things get all topsy turvy)! I like the way that you're approaching this change and hope that it all works out. It does sound like you and Rich are so good for each other, and I have a feeling like things are all going to be okay (your beautifully serene photos may have something to do with that).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin