09 August 2006

OH Knit!


Oh knit is back! Yes, it's been a 2 week hiatus, but we met again...We did not; however, knit, but we did spend the evening together!

As you can see to your left (the blog-tour-guide helpfully says) there is a blender/pitcher of The Hazelnut Romance which accompanied me to the home of Oh Knit! A little more ice than should have been in there (the tour guide is still learning how exactly to make this drink perfectly) but it hit the spot after the hot muggy day...And who doesn't like a little caffeine in the afternoon anyway?







We all sat outside on the porch and enjoyed our beverage (Rozzie drank water) then retired inside for a lovely salad, and the reading from the Tommie DePaola book 26 Fairmount Avenue...This is the same guy who wrote Strega Nona (wonderful!)








I also wanted to tell you that I just finished reading this book by Bee Lavender "lessons in Taxidermy. And, I have to say that it is probably the best biography I've ever read, closely competing with the best book I've ever ready actually! I cried through a lot of it, and am in awe of this woman's life and the poetic nature in which she writes about it! It is one of those books that you just can't put down...And I finished it extremely quick...And am hungry for more! You should check it out...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin