31 January 2007

Violently ill...

Ok, first off, be happy there is no picture to accompany this particular post...as after eating lunch at the shop yesterday (only salad and a LaRaw bar...nothing too crazy) I started to feel nauseous.

Really nauseous...

And, boy was I sick. So sick I was a little surprised and worried. I thought maybe it was a food thing, but at some point my inner mother kicked in and said..."nope, not your garden variety food thing here kiddo"

My mother would never say anything like that. She's always suggesting things for me to take that "will settle your stomach" Yesterday it was a Altoids Ginger thing. I remember the time she made me drink Perrier when I was little , because we had no Sprite...then again, my mother never kept anything like that in the house (and that sparkling water incident made me wary to have SanPelligrino when I was in Italy the first time)...unfortunately, most of her suggestions just end up making me throw up...

Suffice it to say, I closed the shop a half hour early (something that I hate to do, unless it's for fun reasons, or I have an appointment) and shuffled home. I was so out of it at this point, that I walked about halfway down the sidewalk in the rain, before I talked myself into going back to the shop and getting the umbrella I keep for times just like this, so I wouldn't be pukey and soaked by the time I got home...

Fell into bed, and slept for a while. I have no idea what's wrong with me...and am hoping it's the 24 hour flu variety that's going around here. I always have a hard time being sick, it makes me want to cry, and I have been crying so much lately...it just feels so overdone (ha) Plus, I am quite hungry, and every time I so much as move my head, I get sick again...I am typing this laying sideways off the bed. I'm thirsty too...but, I've managed to keep water down so far (yay)

I need someone to take care of me. I need concern. I need soup. I need to sleep...And since I usually try to write my posts the night before, I'm probably needing right now to get off my sick butt, and put in a days worth of work...

Owning your own business is sometimes like having a very young, helpless child.

PS. Happy 10th birthday Ms. Rozzie (I'll post all about that when I get some pictures!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you a HUGE wish of wellness for today. Take care of you, rest, take a bubble bath, and drink some chicken broth. Curl up with those sheepie stuffed animals and your kitties!
:) Suzanne

thatgirldina said...

Oh puddles! I wish I could take the day off and be there to make you some soup, tuck you in and take care of you. I hope by the time you woke up this morning you were feeling better. I'll be calling in a bit to check in.
xoxo,
-deenie

Anonymous said...

Do not forget!! I don't know if you guys got the memo, but In the Arizona Daily star, thre was an article warning of the puking virus going on. 24-48 hours. Both sides though. So, hope you are okay? I guess we could drive up there to help you if you were really bad?? But, I guess the ambulance might get there faster??Sorry so far away!!!V

Anonymous said...

I know you hesitate but original alka seltzer works. I swear. It took me 3 years to convice a man and now he loves it swears by it!!! I prmise. Seltzer gross, but works!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin