15 January 2007

Sunday January 14th...

Participants:

  • Dina
  • Niko
  • Sadira

It was kind of an accidental Creative Sunday...as my only plans were to move the iron bed from the downstairs, into Niko and Dina's house...and into Niko's cowboy bedroom (even though all I wanted to do was have a lie in all day) We, in fact, did the bed moving, in record time...you know how these things are, as you put them off for quite a while, and all in all it takes about a half an hour?

Bed. Check.

New library...soon. I will keep you updated on that development.




We then all went up to the Wildflower Bakery for lunch and got a bit, um, sidetracked at the sales. First it was Bath and Body Works (because I NEED new bubble bath) Then to Victoria's Secret because they were having a half off everything on sale, sale...and well, there's always something frilly a girl needs.






But, the highlight of the day was teaching Dina to knit. She's been wanting to learn for a while now...and I could see the bug start to bite after she got her rhythm down...she's starting off with a scarf, and the yarn is variegated browns and turquoise...really beautiful. Niko also wanted to learn...and occupied himself (and the cat) with some thick yellow yarn...dancing all around the room, playing and showing us how to tie bows. We'll have to get him knitting soon.

I have also been knitting a scarf for the Superhero for quite some time now...no, it's not going to be the longest scarf in the world...I just decided to knit it in smaller tighter stitches...and striped, so it's taking me a little longer than I thought it would. Plus, there's all these life distractions happening (hahaha)

I think I may snuggle up for the 3 degree night we're going to have...get ready for my blueberry MLK brunch at My Pal Amy's...and Oh dear, Forrest Gump is on...one of my huge crying movies...I may have to avoid the ending for right now, it's been such a lovely day, I don't know if I'm up to hysterical sobbing here at the end of it...

2 comments:

sulu-design said...

Sounds like a great day. Dina sounds like a great student. And I hope Niko can pick up knitting, too!

Jolene George said...

You are such a great teacher!
I've been freezing here, so I imagine you really are freezing up north. Keep warm!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin