30 January 2007

My Favorite Shop...


SNAP~SNAP

OK, to be all fair and whatnot, perhaps it's not my favorite shop (as I mentioned before) but the one I spend most of my time in...almost daily as a matter of fact!

I opened the shop almost 12 years ago...on February 22nd. And have been going strong ever since. It is a resale clothing store. I also sell any wearable items, such as shoes, jewelry and hats...plus, books, material and vintage thingies of all sorts.

I painted the wonderful sign myself (and really impressed me) plus, all the inside of the shop as well.




This is the view looking in the front door...



To the left of the front...see all the pretty clouds, and stars...and Pillsbury Dough-Boy...The jewelry counter is hiding over there as well...with the lava lamps and blue glass head on it.

Plus, there are bumper stickers and window clings on the wall as well...you can see my cash register (that I collaged) and then put tiny Tibetan prayer flags on!









The view looking towards the front windows of the shop...the Hold Rack on the right, under the other window stickers...









The door leading to the middle room...where the mens clothes are, books, dressing rooms, coats, shoes and vintage rack. I designed the little gargoyle stencil and did a kind of spray "rock" thing up there too...

In the little entry thing on the ceiling is a little painted sun with a mirror in the middle of it, so if you look up, you are the suns face!















All the books...mostly metaphysical, and the shoe room.












The dressing rooms, located behind the rack (of Men's jeans and sale things) under the lights there...and the men's clothes under the Scooby-Doo posters...I know, not a lot, but it's super hard to get men to even part with their clothes before they become unwearable...











The view going towards the front room...yes, I painted the cat in the hat up there, there's also a Cheshire cat on the right with little tea cups that you can't see...





All the fun coats...and vintage whatnot...plus my swamp cooler (yippee!!) I hung up a clothes line above the racks and hung vintage aprons and patterns at one point on it...Looking at this, I realize that I need to hang up something else...it's looking a little bare...yikes!



And finally...a little peek into the third and final room...the Clearance Room a.k.a. where clothes go to die. Ok, not totally true, but I try to keep the stock rotating and fresh all the time...so, this is one of the pit stops...and if the clothes back here stay long enough, they eventually make it to the $1 rack back there...or out to the front of the shop, which has 3 baskets and a rack to hold all of the $1 things...

I hope you enjoyed the little tour...I enjoy being in the shop very much, it has been great fun over the years, and I've learned a lot! I just recently put down a whole bunch of rugs, because the carpet and tile is a little worn, and I thought it looked more rich and colorful this way...

If anyone blows through town...come in and visit me. I am open Monday ~ Saturday and I actually take Monday's off, so if you want to see me...keep that in mind!

3 comments:

thatgirldina said...

Funny how your favorite shop is also one of my favorites! Oh wait...you OWN IT!!! :) Seriously, the place looks great! And packed! I must stop in for some shopping soon. Plus, I have a ton to trade in.

And a note to all of your blogging friends and lurkers:
Our own Miss Sadira here really does run the most fantastic resale shop in the area, hands down! Super great selection and prices that are practically free. Not to mention the always fabulous background music, conversation, fashion advice and ambiance. Definitely a "must go" when in Prescott.

sulu-design said...

Yea! Thanks for the tour - I had no idea your shop was so big. All of the work that you put into it? My gosh! And you once said that you aren't a painter. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea!!!! A shop so I can visit?? In Prescott? I am in Tucson, can't wait for my next visit up!!! Yay. You can tell you put so much love into your shop!! How wonderful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin