12 September 2008

Tu-Tu...


Well...to be entirely accurate, it's an orange crinoline...probably one that was used for square dancing...a tu-tu for an adult. I found it yesterday at the thrift for $3, and fell instantly in love. Seeing as my favorite holiday is coming up, I envision myself as some sort of very fancy witch...I am dying to see the crinoline with purple and black...and perhaps glitter? I tried it on for everyone at Megan's house last night, and everyone laughed at me.

Well, everyone but Megan.

Megan is like me, she takes Halloween very seriously.

Then again, it could have been the simple fact that when I put this crinoline on, all I want to do is twirl and twirl...

What you can't see in this picture is the fact that I'm running around setting the shot up all while talking to Rich on the phone, and trying to keep Meena off the back of the couch and out of the picture and off of my lap (she loves Rich to death and comes running to be near the phone whenever he calls. Don't ask me how she knows it's him on the other end...it's all I can do to keep her from picking up the phone herself and answering...) But, you can get a look at a silly outtake over here if you're so inclined.

Have a wonderful weekend.
I am working an extra day this week, trying to get a new schedule set up at the shop...when I'm not at Snap Snap, you can bet I'll be lounging around in my new tu-tu...dreaming of the perfect costume...

or just standing in the middle of the room...

twirling and twirling...

12 comments:

flutter said...

SO CUTE!!

Felicia said...

Oh man! 3 bucks? And orange? If we'd both been in that store at the same time we'd of had to race for it! :)

thatgirldina said...

that crinoline ROCKS!!!! and so do you my dear, but seriously....if me and you and felicia would have been in the store at the same time, you can bet there would have been one doozy of a cat fight over it! color me pea-green (or orange perhaps?) with envy!
xoxo,
-deenie

Chickenbells said...

Flutter - There's nothing like a crinoline to make you feel like a princess! I think it may even trump a tiara...

Felicia - Oh yes...a race would have indeed taken place...I was a bit amazed that it was just hanging there waiting...

ThatGirlDina - Oh, it is just divine isn't it?!?! If you want me to, I will look for one for you as well...we could be crazy crinoline twins...Ohhhh...wouldn't one in lime green be crazy wonderful!?!?!

~Molly~ said...

Just precious!!!!

My favorite Halloween costume is a black bridesmaid dress that belonged to my XSIL. It is black satin with spaghetti straps and an organza overskirt that splits in the front. Since the chest doesn't fit me well(she was a 38G) I wear it with a covering. Last year I used a nice black party skirt and fastened it in the back with a diamondy pin.

I put sparkly stuff all over my face and neck and call myself a glitter fairy.LOL

Molly

(do I get into it too much for a 40 year old?)

luvmygreenbug said...

I am so JEALOUS!!!!! Hi Miss S., I know I haven't commented for awhile...but have been reading your blog every day! I just love the crinoline, too, it's fabulous. And it just says t-w-i-r-l!!!!! Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday..in fact just got back from Michaels, cruised the Halloween aisles for a bit..what joy! twirl on, girl!

Suzanne said...

That is an awesome photo! Did you do some backflip to get that or are you hiding, stuffed in the back of your sofa? I love the outtake, with the Meena head!

Carol Dunton said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna wear tu-tu and twirl, too!! Oh, this has SO many possibilities for a costume and I can't wait to see what your 'wickedness' comes up with! Love this!!!! : ))
xoxox
VB

kirida said...

I'm in love with that photo.

Chickenbells said...

SheSureIsStrange - NO! I love Halloween...it's almost more fun now than when I was little

Luvmygreenbug - There you are!! It's so good to hear from you again...I knew you were out there lurking though. I can't wait to go to Michaels!!

Suzzane - Were I that flexible...Actually, I am hiding behind all the fluffiness!!

Kirida - Thank you so much, it's exactly the way I pictured it!! I have another idea for something else...I need to rope someone else into the mix as I don't know if I can pull it off...

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hee hee! That crinoline looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see what the full witch costume looks like!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love it! I want it! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin