See? I'm putting the word tiny in there, to reassure myself that the switching of my days off is not that big of deal...and besides, I actually like working on Saturdays.
It's busier...the time goes faster.
Plus? Having a day off that a lot of people usually go to work is nice because it's less busy out there in the world which makes it much easier to get things done...if one is inclined to run errands on their days off...playing catch-up with life.
I just got done training a new person to fill in at Snap Snap when I'm not there, which is lovely...Of course I didn't loose my other person, seeing as we're related and all...she's just found a different opportunity, and my new gal is a good friend and has an open schedule so she'll be able to fill in when Rich's family comes to visit soon (that way I'll have time to spend with everyone, and boy am I looking forward to taking the extra time off to explore and play tour guide with Rich) So it's actually exciting and wonderful for everybody all the way around!
But, there's still an adjustment factor for me. It may be tiny...but it's there.
So far this "weekend":
- I've met Dina and Liz for dinner, drinks and the movie The Women (which was OK...actually though, the previews had us all cracking up even more)
- I got invited to see Rich and eat dinner and hang out at the Airstream last night. Our schedules have been quite off, and we've been missing each other quite a bit for the last week or so...There are always lots of phone calls and texts, but face time is very different indeed, and we've both taken to surprising each other for small increments of time instead...
- I've rented and watched 2 movies, Baby Mama (made me laugh out loud a couple of times) and Definitely, Maybe (which actually, I haven't watched...but I've been looking forward to it ever since I saw the previews)
- I have done no cleaning, but organized my left over books from last week's trip up to Flagstaff and was able to turn some in for credit here in town...the rest need to go to the library book sale
- Swung by the library and picked up Marian Keyes new book "This Charming Man" I love this woman's books...also picked up the last season of Coupling...one of my favorite BBC series
And today? Well, who knows what today will hold...probably a lot more relaxation, movie watching and a run to buy salad at CostCo...
And a bite or two of my special adjustment rice krispie treats...because that always helps new things go smoother...