25 September 2008

A Good Thing...


Last night during a quick trip to the local Michaels for Arthur to pick up floral arranging supplies for the upcoming wedding...we stopped to linger at the Halloween decorations.

That was actually my reason for wanting to run up there...

There were, as always, some wonderfully cute things to decorate with...but they were nestled into an isle that was sharing with Christmas. What I mean is that Halloween decor was all on one side, and Christmas on the other...it was like dueling Holidays. Horrible really...there was ghosts and shrieking on one side, and crazy Christmas carols on the other...It was perhaps one of the most annoying aisles I've ever been in at a store...Lights blinking, music blaring...

If I want that kind of stimulation, I'll go to Vegas...

I am discovering more and more that I really don't like walking into a store during September and seeing Christmas decorations...it really makes me want to not walk into the store again...I mean, I understand that Michaels is traditionally a craft supply store...and we all know it takes some time to make crafts and fun for the holidays, so I can sort of understand seeing Holiday craft supplies a little early, but these were just plastic animated decorations and they were already made, and on sale...Can't we enjoy the current holiday without jumping ahead?

Also...Arthur happend to know that I was on the hunt for the current Martha Stewart holiday magazine...I couldn't get my hands on one last year as they all sold out before I could locate one...and he spied the Halloween magazine sitting on the rack...lucky me! We all agreed (Arthur, the check out lady and myself) Martha's holiday magazines are really the best for ideas and inspiration, and we don't usually grab the other one's throughout the year...just the special ones.

The check out lady: "I mean...who would think to make a clock out of a pumpkin?"

Me: "Yes...that's what she pays her extensive team for!"

Arthur: "You mean her satanic creative crew of zombies?"

The check out lady had to stop and take a break to laugh...A satanic creative crew of zombies...

It's a good thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just crack me up, gurl. I just don't decorate a lot for holidays anymore...

Oh no, I just realized I still have last year's Christmas stuff up in the guest bathroom! LOL!

Too funny...Welcome to my life.

Anonymous said...

For the love!!!! "A satanic creative crew of zombies" too funny! It's the Martha Machine hard at work.

Kristin said...

hey darling,I just read your blog and laughed so hard..I know what you mean about the dueling holiday decorations with christmas on one side, and halloween on the other..it is really annoying..haha ohh I need to run to the store and get the new magazine, myself..I love love love martha stewarts ideas..

Chickenbells said...

Lois - Perfect...since it's getting to be that time of year again, there's one less thing you'll have to do!!

Mommiemarzie - I wish I had some of those zombies to help out around here...

Kristin - Hey you!! That aisle almost made my head explode, it was that loud and annoying!

Jolene George said...

LOL! that is just too funny! and it is a good thing.

Felicia said...

I have not yet seen the new special Halloween edition of MS in stores :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin