05 September 2008

Sweet Dreams...

So.

I made a pair of flannel PJ/lounge pants this morning before work.

In celebration of:

  • The fact that I am finding it mighty chilly in the mornings when I wake up lately.
  • I haven't been sleeping well, and I thought maybe that something new to wear would be comforting and relaxing.

  • I have been meaning to make these pants since I bought the material quite a while ago.I washed the material this weekend and I was starting to feel guilty about it laying over the chair in the corner.
  • I had an extra 30 minutes to "spare" AND the right elastic AND thread.
  • The pattern on the material makes me swoon...I am thinking that Parisian kitties are too cute.
  • They totally match the polish on my toes...
(they actually puddle around my feet but I was contorting my body in a weird way to get this shot, so they look shorter than they are)

So...there you go...I continually surprise myself. You see, I was being a little worried about me creatively, since I noticed that I haven't sewn in months and months. But, not to worry...seeing as I decided to reintroduce myself to the sewing machine in a fun and frivolous way, using pink stripes and sophisticated kitties. Which is good, because I have a feeling it's going to get more serious as it may be all about the corduroy pencil skirt this weekend that has been occupying the corners of my sewing mind lately as well...

You know?

When I'm not lounging around in my new flannel pants...

*PS*

I just found out that I was voted Best Consignment Store in Prescott 2008! Well...thank you for the honor indeed...I am smiling from ear to ear. I will probably not spend the (what I consider) large amount of money to receive my plaque...I know it's all marble and yummy...but since I don't accept it, apparently the second place winner will not move up to first, but the category will be eliminated all together...I suppose it's just enough to know that I won. Thank you.

8 comments:

kirida said...

So it's true, you really are the cat's pajamas.

Chickenbells said...

Kirida - Dang. That would have been such a better title for this post...you are a very funny girl...which is why I read your blog everyday!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats ... and what Kirida said!

cute jammies!

sulu-design said...

I never doubted your creative mojo. Especially when I received that awesome card you made.
Congratulations, best consignment store!

Chickenbells said...

Lois - Thank you! It was a surprise and honor to be voted Best of Prescott...

Sulu - I'm glad you liked the card...Mostly the inspiration and mojo is there, sometimes the will to create takes a vacation...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

And cute toes. :D I'm not swapping out to a "fall" color until I get back from "summer". :D

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I have to go shop at your shop, since it is the best, but of course, you and I already knew that!! xoxo

ps: Hand over the pants!!

Felicia said...

Well hot digity! Congrats your your award and on your totally groovy lounge pants :) Love those kitties.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin