11 June 2007

And The Saturday Was...

Amazing!

Of course, really...were you expecting anything less?

First off, I had to work on Saturday, so I decided to start the day off with a little treat in the form of a coffee at The Raven Cafe, where I was sweetly surprised by Rich and his visiting friend Kesley (a great way to start the day) I have been looking forward to meeting Kesley, as I have been privy to a few one sided phone conversations, and was not disappointed...I was telling Rich that there was a part of me that was quite a bitty-bit sad that I was going down to The Valley, as it is indeed hard for me to pass up the chance of intelligent conversation with anyone (rats...hopefully we can get together soon) even though I was rushing down to do just that with another group...

How wonderful is it to be greeted by Carol, Norma, and Ruthie...a cosmo in hand, and many kisses and hugs...laughing and clapping of hands....and the food? Oh yes, one can never go hungry with this many fun-loving women around. I wore this little outfit for about 5 minutes before I ran and changed into my monkey lounge pants...because, that's what kind of night it turned out to be...Like a high school slumber party, only with no nail painting and lots of fruity drinks...wait, that's exactly like a high school slumber party!

We had so much fun together. I was marveling over the fact that you get any group of women together, and inevitably, there is side splitting laughter, making you gasp from breath to breath, wipe the tears from your face, squealing and shouting with pure joy...the accidental sharing of secrets (making one put their hand over their mouths quickly...always a dead giveaway that something momentous has just slipped out) and there are always tears...

The tears of joy you wipe from your face with the back of your hand, after laughing so hard you wonder how your stomach will feel in the morning, the healing tears that come with sharing and memories...the tears that leak out in empathy and understanding...the tears that come with reliving personal stories of the past...hard and easy...the gentle rhythm of a group of women is an amazing thing to behold, and I feel so grateful to be a part of it...as always. There's just so much more to these get-togethers than what is on the surface, and it's something that I need in my life to give me gentle nudges and reminders of who I am, and this amazing tribe that I belong to.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...


Carol was so very generous, as was her sweet daughter, who let me sleep in her bed for the evening, which was fortunate because as you can see, if I hadn't grabbed the bed...it would have been the sink for me (this is Bella) and I was kept company all night by Carol's sweet sleeping doggie Ross (who I did not snap a picture of, but was indeed a gentleman the entire night around this group of ladies)

I'm off for the day...I will post about Sunday tomorrow, as I stupidly forgot my camera, and I am waiting for Rusty to send me the pictures we took of our visit...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm cracking up at the cat sleeping in the sink. Mine might drink from the sink but I don't think they've ever slept there.

Anonymous said...

"The Power of 4!" Oh could we have had anymore fun than we did Sadie? Could I have slipped out any more dead give aways if I had stayed longer than after midnight? Oh dear me!
I am never disappointed when I am in the presence of these beautiful women. We know how to care for one another (nevermind how to put out a feast of wonderful goodies!) and we SO can laugh like we are giggly little girls each and every time! I look so forward to re-creating that evening with you when the Ya-Ya's head up to the high country.
Sadie, you have exceeded all thoughts of what I had come to know of you in the short time we have been together. You have a way in this world that I am so grateful to be apart of with you. The universe has once again not failed me.
Till next time and to slipping out some more..
N

Carol Dunton said...

LOL! You surprised me, gal pal, with the picture of the kitty!! Too damn funny! Actually, that's Gambit and he has a bit of a penchot for sleeping in the bathroom sink.... as you found out! LOL ... I'm saving the pic for future use, if you don't mind! We loved having you down and the girls and I really must move our tushes up your way for a redevous! I'm so glad your trip went so well, Sadie...on so many levels! : )
You fierce thing, you!
VB

sulu-design said...

This post had me smiling the whole way through. What a great time with some great girlfriends. Better than any medicine for what ails you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, to nap in a sink.... I missed you, but it seems you were having a bit of a blast yourself, this weekend???? Next time! I prmise!!! xxxoooo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin