17 June 2007

Tsunami Saturday...

Lovely day
(only a mere 98ish)

Lovely Festival...

Rich, Ms. D, Niko, Pink Tink and I toodled down to the square for the big kick off parade...which I had never actually seen before, bad Tsunamier (yes, that's a word) There were representatives from each performing group in the parade...



We had a lovely day...with a few of the group dropping out here and there, which means I got the kiddos all to myself for quite a while...which was fine by me.


We went from stage to stage (as there is a second one set up just for kids as well as the main stage) and wandered about...stopping to play with the hula-hoops...And you can bet I picked one up, as it's been years since I played with one because I don't quite um, have the center of gravity that I once had? These ones were extra large however, and worked great! I can't tell you how much fun it was to have it work and actually use one again!




Ms. Pink got her face painted with butterfly wings, while Niko looked on from a super comfy chair they had set up...


Both the kids were their delightful selves...and we had a wonderful time. Niko and I even got to sit up super close on the stage for the Tucson Puppet Works funny pirate performance...of which the boy was absolutely enamored, sitting riveted and laughed all the way through...




He was also quite mesmerized by the Indian Temple Dancers, and sat quite still to watch them...I am always mesmerized by them, but it was a surprise to watch him sit so still and watch. There is something so ancient about this particular dance style...and they stop quite often to pose like you see on their drawings and temples. And, I get a little frustrated with myself because I know they're telling a story, only I don't know the language...

And yet, it all seems so familiar.






We all went back for the night time performances...only with the lack of space, and crowds, and the allergies being what they are this time of year...I was left quite alone.

Which was fine.
No, really.

I look forward to this festival all year, and I feel so inspired and excited to see the last few acts...it helps to carry my creativity through...



There was an amazing black light dance performance...and of course, Flam Chen (there's some video links for you) Their performance this year was called Kaboom! and it was breath taking...

At the very end, Kali came out to tell us how amazing it has been for them to perform every year here in Prescott...and after performing all over the year, how special Tsunami on the Square really is. She envisions this kind of gathering as what is real and sacred in life now, and was humbled to be able to perform for us...

It was a wonderful reminder of how lucky we are in our little community up here to have such an amazing venue for us to experience different people's unique expressions of their creativity.

Cause' sometimes?
I forget how to look around and see how lucky I am...
because I get sucked up into the little details of my everyday life...

and sometimes?
I forget how to be inspired.

Thank you...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, so much fun! Those last photos of squiggly light are amazing. See, blurry works sometimes. :D

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time! I love your nighttime shots -- very cool

Kristi said...

It was great seeing you again!!!

Anonymous said...

OH NO! nono nonononononono!!! I was there on the worng weekend!! I am tooo sad!!!!! Thank you for the pics though! My friend's husband owns the puppet theater. or is the creator or some bigwig thing like that!! xoxoxo

sulu-design said...

You really do live in an amazing place. I'm always blown away by the natural beauty that surrounds you, and to see the creativity that abounds where you are confirms it: you are one lucky girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin